We stayed in a 1 bedroom cottage at Tropical Winds in Oct 2011 - the best thing about Tropical Winds is the location! It's in a residential area of Sanibel (like most of Sanibel) and it's just a short walk to the beach from the cottages. There was hardly anyone else on the beach which was wonderful for walking our dogs on the beach. The shelling was fantastic! The cottage itself needed some updating though - no central air conditioning, only window units which would be fine if the windows would open but 1/2 of the windows were broken and wouldn't open. Also the AC in the bedroom didn't work very well. The kitchen was TINY, the WiFi didn't work, there was not a remote control for the TV. We spent most of our time outside so these things didn't affect us that much. We LOVE Sanibel Island and the cottages could be great with a little updating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Hotel