“No animals to see” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW)

Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW)
Round Hill, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“No animals to see”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The crow facility is located a bit out of the way, and to me there was nothing exceptional to justify the trip. From what we had read in the vacation guide in our hotel, crow allowed visitors to see and interact with injured animals that the facility was rehabilitating. However, when we arrived they informed us that visitors could no longer interact with the animals, which was dissapointing. Also, be prepared for a healthy dose of hippy nonesense when you go (they provide accupuncture to injured animals, 'man is the greatest threat of all', etc). I thought the displays could have been more child-friendly and interactive. I recommend cutting them a check to support their important work on Sanibel, but save yourself a trip.

2 Thank ddjetsetters

Dracut, Massachusetts
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 197 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Several years ago my wife and I were introduced to CROW while on vacation. At that time we got to see some live animals. The "new and improved" Crow Center features none of these. To me it was a pretty sterile place with an overlong video showing what they do and some static exhibits that were not impressive. The people we talked to there said the current vets don't want any contact between their animals and the public. This is disappointing. My wife and I have visited other Florida wildlife rehab locations where they did allow visitors to see convalescing wildlife, we would have much preferred that. I think it would give potential contributors a better
perspective of the scope the center's involvement and effectiveness.

2 Thank Miike L
Sanibel Island, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Very good educational setting.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

The CROW visitors center is wonderful and a great place to learn about the local animals and how we can care for them. Very nice setting to educate children, love it and will be back.

2 Thank Glenn P
Charles Town, West Virginia, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A very special group of people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The visitors center does not have healing animals because it is not good for the animal and the licenses don't allow it. They do have CCTV so that you can watch the patients. The education center shows you how destructive humans can be when we carlessly toss away out fishing line and other trash. Well worth a couple hours of your time to learn about a very caring woman's development of what has become a premier rehabilitation facility.

2 Thank Mike M
Milford, Connecticut
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Worth going to this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I loved this rescue reserve. We learned many things about the wildlife on Sanibel, and actually saw two Gopher Tortoises afterwards. You cannot see the rescued wild life because it really stresses them out (the animals rescued). I loved the films and the presentations they had, also they have a great gift shop!

Visited October 2012