All reviews murphy bed rooms are small studio unit an older property sunrise and sunset hot tub pull out couch relaxing vacation queen size coffee filters low key free bikes relaxing place old florida gulf of mexico the kitchen love this place
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was a very pleasant surprise for a small resort. Management could not have been any more helpful or nice. Beautiful pool and hot tub in the pool area. Grilling facilities all around resort. Nice footpaths leading to beach. Beach was incredible, very clean and shells everywhere. We had an efficiency which had a murphy bed - one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in - very surprising. Room was immaculate and had everything you needed. Would definitely go back in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Building B is across from the pool and the access is great. Building A is closer to the beach. We had efficiency B1 and it was a great location.
Date of stay: October 2013
5  Thank hags54
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is an older resort. But only 30 steps to the beach and water. No amenities, other than a very nice pool and hot tub. Good place for couples or maybe families with small children. Teenagers would be bored here. They provide a beach umbrella and chairs. I agree with other reviews....if you are looking for pricey amenities, then go elsewhere. We would come here again. It is priced right and all we need for a relaxing vacation.

Room tip: Check in early....right at 3 when they allow check in. We did and we were allowed to pick our room. Also, get Avon Skin So Soft to keep the Noseeums from biting. We did not and I was covered with bites. Very itchy.
Date of stay: August 2013
5  Thank jcoghlan
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Like other reviews, I agree with the vintage term. What I loved---location, free bike rental/beach chairs/beach umbrella/even stuff for kids, wonderful landscaping, friendly staff, short stroll to the waves, deep pool. What needs work---units need work around the doors (very old) which allow cool air to escape and sugar ants to enjoy scraps. For two the studio is more than enough room or maybe with small kids. 4 adults I can't imagine would be comfortable in the studio.
Will I be back...absolutely!!!

3  Thank Scobsnrn95
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be waited on hand and foot - go elsewhere.
If you want a comfortable, affordable Family style vacation in an old school Florida Beach lifestyle - this is the place. It's a timeshare - we booked thru the Armed Forces Vacation Club into the "A" building (closest to the beach except for the Spinnaker cottage) but we would never have known if we hadn't seen a sale flyer posted outside the office. Absolutely no pressure, but great referrals by existing owners - some of whom have been coming for 30 years!
The other positive reviews are spot on. In my experience, it's possible the prior negative reviews have another side of the coin. In example, It's CLEARLY stated that the office closes at 5pm and if you're going to be late you need to call and make other arrangements. If you're a timeshare owner there is a card that is mailed to you with the info you need, if you are any other kind of guest you NEED to call before 5 if you're going to be late. We got lucky and one of the timeshare guests took care of us even though it was our fault we didn't completely read the reservation form and missed the post 5 o'clock check-in instructions.
I don't like the word dated in conjunction with this place. I'd prefer vintage but even so we had a newer refrigerator, newer stove and a brand new microwave.
The fold out couch was adequate for our 18 year old and the Murphy bed worked for both my wife and I who normally sleep on a "Sleep Number" bed with widely differing numbers.
If you are looking for an on-site bar and wait staff this is not for you. But if you want a great location on the island, easy beach access, and a place to come back to after a full day of sun and fun, this is your place.

4  Thank GunnyS2862
Reviewed July 27, 2013

It may look a little old and a little tired, but its located RIGHT ON THE BEACH! You can leave your unit any time and walk right on the beach and start collecting shells in minute. I’ve had a timeshare there for over 25 years and the management company has always maintained and tried to improve the facilities. The pool and grounds are kept manicured, bicycles are available free to use, a couple of beach chairs are provided, and gas grills are available. My unit is the Spinnaker which is a small, 2 bedroom, fully furnished, comfortable cottage 100 feet from the beach. A bike ride from the Caribe and you’re at Bailey’s general store, restaurants, and the art shops in the heart of Sanibel Island.

Room tip: Having the extra space in the Spinnaker is great!
1  Thank Bob_Mannino