All reviewsrooms are smalltime sharefull kitchenreal estatean older propertyr rbike ridesunrise and sunsetefficiencydawngasfurniturebikesislandappliancesbeachunit
Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is an older resort. But only 30 steps to the beach and water. No amenities, other than a very nice pool and hot tub. Good place for couples or maybe families with small children. Teenagers would be bored here. They provide a beach umbrella and chairs. I agree with other reviews....if you are looking for pricey amenities, then go elsewhere. We would come here again. It is priced right and all we need for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Check in early....right at 3 when they allow check in. We did and we were allowed to pick our room. Also, get Avon Skin So Soft to keep the Noseeums from biting. We did not and I was covered with bites. Very itchy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jcoghlan
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Like other reviews, I agree with the vintage term. What I loved---location, free bike rental/beach chairs/beach umbrella/even stuff for kids, wonderful landscaping, friendly staff, short stroll to the waves, deep pool. What needs work---units need work around the doors (very old) which allow cool air to escape and sugar ants to enjoy scraps. For two the studio is more than enough room or maybe with small kids. 4 adults I can't imagine would be comfortable in the studio.
Will I be back...absolutely!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Scobsnrn95
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

If you want to be waited on hand and foot - go elsewhere.
If you want a comfortable, affordable Family style vacation in an old school Florida Beach lifestyle - this is the place. It's a timeshare - we booked thru the Armed Forces Vacation Club into the "A" building (closest to the beach except for the Spinnaker cottage) but we would never have known if we hadn't seen a sale flyer posted outside the office. Absolutely no pressure, but great referrals by existing owners - some of whom have been coming for 30 years!
The other positive reviews are spot on. In my experience, it's possible the prior negative reviews have another side of the coin. In example, It's CLEARLY stated that the office closes at 5pm and if you're going to be late you need to call and make other arrangements. If you're a timeshare owner there is a card that is mailed to you with the info you need, if you are any other kind of guest you NEED to call before 5 if you're going to be late. We got lucky and one of the timeshare guests took care of us even though it was our fault we didn't completely read the reservation form and missed the post 5 o'clock check-in instructions.
I don't like the word dated in conjunction with this place. I'd prefer vintage but even so we had a newer refrigerator, newer stove and a brand new microwave.
The fold out couch was adequate for our 18 year old and the Murphy bed worked for both my wife and I who normally sleep on a "Sleep Number" bed with widely differing numbers.
If you are looking for an on-site bar and wait staff this is not for you. But if you want a great location on the island, easy beach access, and a place to come back to after a full day of sun and fun, this is your place.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank GunnyS2862
Reviewed July 27, 2013

It may look a little old and a little tired, but its located RIGHT ON THE BEACH! You can leave your unit any time and walk right on the beach and start collecting shells in minute. I’ve had a timeshare there for over 25 years and the management company has always maintained and tried to improve the facilities. The pool and grounds are kept manicured, bicycles are available free to use, a couple of beach chairs are provided, and gas grills are available. My unit is the Spinnaker which is a small, 2 bedroom, fully furnished, comfortable cottage 100 feet from the beach. A bike ride from the Caribe and you’re at Bailey’s general store, restaurants, and the art shops in the heart of Sanibel Island.

Room Tip: Having the extra space in the Spinnaker is great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob_Mannino
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Caribe Beach Resort is a charming, beautiful reflection of what I imagine a top notch motel was on Sanibel back in the 60s and before. It is a small resort...only about 26 units in all on a beautiful piece of property right on the Gulf. Most units are studios with a murphy bed and pullout sofa. Our studio was perfect for my husband and me. There was plenty of storage in furniture and closets to handle our clothes and luggage. The murphy bed wasn't fantastic, but it was comfortable enough for two mid-60s folk to sleep well. Everything we saw and experienced here was immaculately maintained. The unit was spotless with plenty of linens and kitchen supplies to see us through the week. The grounds reminded me of what I would look for when my family visited south Florida as a child...exotic tropical plants and trees everywhere, some of which I'd never seen before. There's a very friendly, easy-going feel at this place...a pretty, shaded gathering area for grilling and picnicking with your family and friends or for just lounging in the shade to read a book. The pool area is in perfect condition and has comfortable lounge chairs available. There are bikes available with no fee attached and even sand chairs hanging on each balcony for the beach. If you can, request building A, second floor. You get a nice view of the Gulf and are steps away from the pretty pathways leading to the beach. Carry some extra bags for the shells you are going to find! The management at the resort is very helpful but also very low key. We had called ahead to request the room location and to find out what to do if we arrived late. Call the resort itself...they are very helpful. We felt this resort is nearly perfect for couples and for families with young children. There is a little playground area for young ones, along with the pool. Not so sure about taking teenagers...they might find it a little too laid back for their lifestyle! However, there are biking trails all over the island, and they might enjoy the freedom to explore on their own. There are no dining facilities on the grounds, but you are not far from them. It is just a really pretty, quiet little Florida island place that offers you the simplicity and beauty we hoped we could still find on Sanibel.

Room Tip: Ask for Building A, second floor. The other building overlooks the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple