“Unique ambience, delicious food”

Blue Coyote Supper Club
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open and looking forward to seeing our winter residents and new friends as well this season ! Featuring Continental Drift Cuisine with French, Asian and Southwestern influences. Fresh Gulf Seafood, Aged Beef and Florida sourced vegetables. A limited but diverse Wine List specializing in Small Boutique California and Oregon Wines sprinkled with beauties from France, Italy and South America. And great Art...Featuring an entire gallery of Markus Pierson's "Coyote Series". The True behind the Blue - The Blue Coyote Supper Club!
Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Unique ambience, delicious food”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have been here 4 times now, and the Blue Coyote does not disappoint. From 2 or 3 previous restaurant iterations, the space has been transformed from a plain open room into a warm and elegant dining experience with an open dining room, another separate dining room off to the side and a large bar area. The dark wood and attention to detail in the décor pays off in creating inviting spaces and a sophisticated atmosphere that are a pleasure to visit. The light fixtures throughout are splendid and beautiful. The abundant featured artwork on the walls is unique and whimsical.

We prefer sitting in the bar area and ordering from the appetizer menu for a satisfying, delicious and ample evening meal. Seating choices are at high, medium and low top tables and also at the bar counter. Yummy bread, served with a pat of butter drizzled with bright green chive oil, starts it off. The ample salads can be split; the "swedge" takes the iceberg salad one step further with a loaded wedge of lettuce with blue cheese, bacon, roasted pepper balsamic vinaigrette and roasted pine nuts. My favorite dish is the Wild Mushroom and Beef Ravioli, served over a sherry cream sauce, spiked with a bit of jalapeno. The Seared Scallops are another delicious offering and the Ahi Tuna is a work of art. I have seen most of the dishes on the appetizer menu and never heard anyone say their dish was less than wonderful. Everything coming from the kitchen is beautifully presented. Last visit, my dinner companion polished off her meal with the chocolate martini concoction for dessert (the name escapes me) featuring Norman Love chocolate sprinkles and it was truly delicious and decadent. The dinner menu choices look inviting and ample. Service has been attentive and a team effort.

Hot and humid is a given in southwest Florida and the one tiny glitch in my experiences (which is why this is 4, not 5 stars) is that twice I have been seated under an air conditioning vent that drips condensation. Not constantly, but enough to be noticed and noted. Hopefully, this can get fixed.

Chicago
“You gotta comne and enjoy this place”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Truly good food and great service. Michelle REALLY knows her wines and Mitch the owner is very friendly. Reasonable prices and top flight wine list. We came for lunch and enjoyed it so much we returned for dinner a couple nites later. THANKS Blue Coyote - we will return!

Fort Myers, Florida
“Delicious dinner with great service”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Met 2 other couples (one couple had a 5 & 8 year old) Thursday evening, 4/24/14. Had a quick drink at bar before dinner. I appreciate good beer, not the run of the mill Bud, Millers, etc. Three beers on tap - nothing special.

Another large event was taking place so we were lucky enough to be seated in a small enclosed dining room near the bar. The noise level in the main area was very loud.

The "swedge" salad was awesome, enjoyed by two of us. Two of us enjoyed outstanding ahi tuna prepared rare. There were a variety of spices that I thought enhanced the fish, although others might state that the spices competed or somehow were too complex for the fish. My wife absolutely loved the seafood stew - it was plentiful & nicely spiced. I dipped my very fresh bread in the very tasty broth. Our other guests enjoyed steak & a seafood platter.

The kitchen accommodated the kids with some tasty, chef created selections. Thanks!!

We enjoyed the Norman Love cookies for dessert - soooo tasty.

I am giving the "Value" rating an average because one of the other couples picked up the bill. The menu prices did not seem out of bounds, but I have no idea how much the ancillaries (wine, beer, coffee, dessert) cost.

Bottom line: great food, nice atmosphere, great service, friendly staff, average beer selection. We are returning next week for lunch so we'll check on the noise level.

White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“A wonderful new spot!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Fun new restaurant, remodeled formerly beach view golf club..
Wonderful menu, tomato bacon basil soup was outstanding! Nice ambience. I would put it on my list of must go to restaurants on sanibel. Staff and manager very friendly.

2 Thank Sue A
Jersey, United Kingdom
“Good food, disappointing staff”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Certainly one of the best meals we have had on Sanibel after 14 years of experience. However, the waiting staff let the restaurant down. We were asked no less than 5 times by different members of staff if everything was ok whilst eating our meal. Please! If we had a problem we would let you know. We found this annoying and intrusive and eventually laughable.

Visited April 2014