“Delicious fresh fish and steaks”

The Jacaranda Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Delicious fresh fish and steaks”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just had dinner at the Jac. The grilled grouper was outstanding, moist delicious and flakey. Finished by some turtle pie !! The table next to us even asked what we were eating because it looked so good

• Visited September 2013

Staten Island, New York
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Staff and food were terrific! My boyfriend cannot get over the oysters Rockefeller One of the best and very reasonable.

Visited August 2013
“Food was good, the service was patchy”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to Jacaranda without a booking and they quickly found us a nice table.

The staff were willing and pleasant, however we had to ask for two knives to be bought to us after the salad so we could eat our main course which was already on our table. The white wine had to be requested from the server and arrived after the food had been served and the wine was warm- no wine cooler was offered. Two of our party finished their meal and their plates were whipped away while the remaining two were still eating and mine was removed before I finished. I know restaurants need to turn tables, but that was over zealous.

We were given a salad as part of the order, so this was sufficient instead of an appetizer. My husband had fish and chips- good. My daughter and I had grouper stuffed with crab- very good and my son had grouper which was also good. Overall, it was quite an expensive meal and the service wasn't really up to scratch for that cost. It was worth a try, but we won't return as there are better places on Sanibel for the price.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank SanibelGirl6033
“Good food but using same cutlery for every course a no no in my opinion”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Ate here tonight, had summer special menu €29.99 good value, bread with parmesan and garlic and rosemary oil, starter, salad excellent, main garlic potatoes and rib eye steak absolutely fab, nice bottle of Chardonnay €20.00. Only disappointment was I had to use same cutlery for every course. Steve our waiter was very good and attentive, just felt a bit rushed at times and had to ask Steve to give us a break after the salad. Would definitely go again

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Julie M
Jasper, Indiana
“Always a good choice!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We have been coming to Jacaranda for more than 20 years... The food and service has remained consistently very good over all of those years. My favorite dish is their Ahi Tuna and my favorite appetizer is their black bean soup. They have a separate bar area with entertainment, etc that is nice as well... Sanibel now has a large number of "high end" restaurants that will surely compete with some of the folks that traditionally favored the "Jac", but believe the value for the dollar spent will maintain their base. I hope Jacaranda will be there for many more years..

• Visited August 2013