“Sad”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Ok, I was so dissappointed with the food at this restraunt.
First the good. The waiter was good and provided good service
The key lime martinis were excellent
Atmosphere was nice, a band the patio was very nice
Good food selection, good wine selection
Now for the bad and why a poor rating
I had the filet and lobster tail. I can overlook steak not just right however the lobster I can not. The lobster tail I was served was cold. rubbery and I could have broke a window with it and after it was taken back to the kitchen , I was brought the same lobster tail out. The restraunt had apparently just put the plate into a microwave and attempted to warm the plate. Keep in mind this entree is expensive and the same plate should never be served back to you. (especially for seafood) I should have been served a fresh lobster tail prepared correctly. While the cost of the entree was taken off of the ticket , I left hungry.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

been there 20 years ago...still a great place to eat and listen to live music. I would go there again.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our family stopped here to have dinner and it was great... From the moment you enter it's very unique and don't forget to stop in the bathrooms to wash your hands with the salt scrub! Our waitress Stacy was AWESOME!! She suggested several appetizers..really liked the steak skewers & the stuffed mushrooms..we will most definitely be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nice restaurant, but most plates were plain except one of our five meals was great. For 30 bucks a plate you expect a little more presentation from the chef. Food was good but not superb. Wait staff was average at best.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I came here to celebrate our 15 Anniv. we were looking forward to the food, live music and dancing. This was our first vacation first trip to Sanibel. We had the Blackened Grouper which was fabulous in the live music area...Jamaica Dave Band started playing at 8:30 until 11:30 in which everyone waited until about 11:00 to start
dancing...which was a lot of fun!! The Hostess was very welcoming even though our waitress Stacy(only know her name because it was on our bill) was very rude...no specials were read to us...she made NO ATTEMPT to acknowledge herself or us..this was even AFTER my husband asked about ANY suggestions on the best food & desserts(in which he always asks waiters what would they suggest). She was rude to my husband and made NO time to answer his questions about anything but wanting her tip called him "sweetie" handing him the bill in the end...kind of put a sour taste in our mouths. But if you luck up and not get her for a waitress we think you would really like Jacaranda.

1  Thank elizabeth0306