“Great lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stopped for lunch. My husband had a cheeseburger and a side of fries. The burger was done to order and was a big sandwich. He enjoyed it. I had the grouper reuben. Wow, was that good. Fried grouper, cole slaw and Swiss on swirl rye. Great service.

1  Thank Karen P

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I ordered a medley of seafood over a homemade fetucini. The dish I believe was called a Seafood Porcini. Delicious. My daughters got the crabcake appetizer. The were not thrilled. Which was my goodluck. I thought it was delicious so I got their leftovers. Yum.

1  Thank Jacob H
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Not sure why Sunset Grill is #7 on the list of Sanibel Island restaurants because it easily competes for #1 with Mad Hatters. We stumbled upon this restaurant towards the end of our vacation and felt blessed to have done so. Carlos, our waiter, took excellent care of us explaining wines & specials, in detail, and made our children (who were on their very best behavior) feel quite special. The food: absolutely delicious, Carlos' care: amazing, and the view of the water (and sunset): perfecto. We highly recommend Sunset Grill!

3  Thank AroundTheGlobex3
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were staying at South Seas Resort and were planning on going to the Bubble Room, one of the folks at the resort steered us away from there and recommended The Sunset Grill just down the road. It was a 5 minute drive from the resort and located right next to the beach. Awesome view at Sunset, go figure. We had a party of 11 and they had issues getting us set up with a table. Our table overlooked the kitchen and was fun to watch them cooking. http://www.sunsetgrillsanibel.com/dinnermenu.htm This is dinner menu and was the same fare we saw that night. The lobster bisque and conch chowder were especially. I had the evening special, halibut stuffed with goat cheese and other goodies. It was a huge portion. Others had the ciopinno, duck beast and another special. All the food was fresh, served at the same time. Excellent kitchen skills. The servers were attentive, but to the point it was a factor in our meal and conversations. Dessert was over the top, filled chocolate cake and ice cream, cream brulee , and several other decadent options.

We highly recommend you treat yourself to this gem off the beaten track. Prices were moderate for the quality and style.

3  Thank AZPILOT
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Food had aspirations, but everything is over sauced and overly sweet. Service attentive and so earnest, but didn't make up for a very expensive and not that good meal.

1  Thank Erwinka