“Favorite Breakfast on Sanibel- worth the drive”

Sunset Grill Incorporated
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Favorite Breakfast on Sanibel- worth the drive”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This morning we got out of the condo relatively early (for us) and were looking for a place to eat breakfast. As we drove down Periwinkle, we drove past several breakfast places that we also enjoy, but we just weren't feeling them today. We pulled into one popular breakfast place with a line of people waiting outside and in the nearby shops. We did not even stop to check the length of wait time, but immediately drove through the parking lot and on to San-Cap Road. We decided to go to our all time favorite breakfast spot on the island, The Sunset Grill. Maybe it's our favorite because the name of it is in an Eagles song, "Down at the Sunset Grill," or maybe it is because in our opinion has the best atmosphere, food, and service. We have never been to the Sunset Grill for lunch or dinner, but their breakfasts are worth the drive to Blind Pass. The Sunset Grill has a porch for outdoor seating, but there is inside seating that has the comforts of air conditioning with the beautiful views of the turquoise ocean waters through the oversized windows. Lisa the main waitress always welcomes us, and asks how we are. She always asks how I am doing. Since the last time we visited was in late October 2012 and I had just had double jaw surgery. We always order the same thing. My parents both ordered the Cakes and Eggs, one with scrambled eggs, and one with eggs over easy. And I get my favorite, Raspberry Crepes, which are so yummy. They are thin belgian crepes filled with puree'd organic raspberries and topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. My dad always says "There is something about their pancakes." They are so good, not too thick and not too thin. I think it is the special topping, of a combination of cinnamon and powder sugar. We highly recommend the Sunset Grill for breakfast! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank SanibelIslandGirl21

Watkinsville, Georgia
“Delicious Veggie Quesadilla”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Absolutely the best veggie quesadilla I've ever had. Anywhere. Definitely worth the drive out to the tip of the island.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank chrisbur
North Carolina, USA
“Expected more”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stopped in for lunch after a morning at Bowmans beach. It was okay. I had a grouper sandwich and it was overcooked. My husband had the grouper reuben and it was good. We paid $38 before tip for two sandwichs and one beer. I really expected it to be a lot better.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank britta2mozart
“Perfect romantic dinner”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here early in the evening and had the outside seating area all to ourselves. Husband had the grouper am I had the swordfish. Both were excellent. Service was also excellent. Expensive yes. But expected for captiva. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the service here.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Carolyn D
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Try the Grouper Reuben and Chicken Gumbo”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The grouper was amazing! It was tender, flavored well and very large. The best sandwich I had yet. The chicken gumbo was just add amazing. Our service was excellent. We will be back for dinner.

• Visited June 2013