“Simply superb dining”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Margate, Florida
“Simply superb dining”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, great service. This is a fantastic, albeit expensive, restaurant on my favorite island home. We've been here multiple times and the food is consistently terrific. The waitstaff is attentive not intrusive. The wines are very good. All in all this is one of my most highly recommended places on Sanibel Island.

• Visited August 2014

Louisville, Ky.
“Best (and most expensive) food on the Island”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Impeccable in every way! Plan on a minimum of $50. per person with 20% gratuity added. Flawless service; the best seafood (lobster, crab cakes, shrimp) and filets on the Island. Kudos to the chef! I wish I could eat there on a weekly basis, but unfortunately, I live a thousand miles away. This place might make me move to Captiva, though!

Visited July 2014
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“A very nice place for dinner on Sanibel Island”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I found the Mad Hatter to be cozy with a well chosen wine list that complemented the menu. We ordered two different fish dinners and both were fresh and excellently prepared. The restaurant is a little pricey so I may not go back every time I am in town but will definitely return for special occasions or to make the occasion special.

• Visited July 2014
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
“Excellent dining, beautiful sunset”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I was very surprised when we arrive as the restaurant looks like a small house and you cannot guess the food will be so good if you did not read trip advisor!
Everything turns around Alice in wonderland and it is very pretty.
The dining room is tiny with a beautiful view on the sea, behind a mangrove, but you can absolutely admire the sunset.
The service was great, very quick. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly.
We took the shrimp in Phillo and the baked oysters as appetizers, then it took the scallops and my husband the wagu beef. Everything was delicious.

I highly recommend this restaurant

Visited July 2014
3 Thank Frederique C
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Looks can be deceiving; Excellent dining !”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Mad Hatter looks like your typical shore point fish and chips dine out. It is the complete opposite ! Impeccable food, drink, and service, albeit expensive. A la Carte with Entrées, $29-45. Unless you are wealthy, this is not family dining with kids. I adored the Black Grouper over a Coconut flavored Risotto, with a fresh vegetable medley that was not the usual afterthought. I can't speak of desserts because I didn't partake. The building is definitely in need of an upgrade. You look at a visually distinctive plate complete with orchid, and then the walls, and wonder why ?

• Visited July 2014