“Loved The Island Cow!”
Review of The Island Cow

The Island Cow
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just got back from having a late lunch. It was very hot but we had a great lunch! Had the Chicken Fajita Sandwich - was fantastic. Too much food. Should have split it and on the off chance we were still hungry, we could have had dessert. Service was excellent. Lots of choices. Daughter/Husband had ribs. Loved them. Great atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,991)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I already reviewed this restaurant as we are going there pretty often for lunch while in vacation and I always raved about it since we had only good experiences.. However this time, it was the first time I was disappointed... They were not more busy as usual (they are always busy and serve non stop, you always need to wait 20 minutes for a table, at least) but the service was slow.... Beside that we waited for ever to have our meal served and when the finally arrived, they arrived 5 minutes in between from each other... mine came last! I had ordered mussels marinara they were cold.. but when I say cold, I mean "freezer" cold. I basically know what happen! They are prepared and cook in advance and frozen. Then on order they are being mixed with marinara sauce and microwaved to hit them... I can bet! Otherwise, there is noway to have a hot marinara sauce topping cold mussel (Hot shelves, cold inside...).
I just want to believe and hope it was only an "off" day, because it would be too sad if this place was on its way down the hill regarding quality. Hope not! I will go back still, to give it another shot, as I want to make sure it was an "accident".

Reviewed August 16, 2014

It is a very crowded place, but our food was delish. Both my husband and I ordered the shrimp special which had a variety of shrimp - grilled, coconut, scampi, and fried. There serving size was good. You will need to wait for a table and it can get pretty hot inside, but we would return to this place for sure.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

With a name like Island Cow we weren't sure what to expect. Margueritaville! We were seated outside and were even able to stay outside during a heavy rainstorm as they rolled down clear tarp-type covers. Our server was excellent, attentive and friendly. Each of our orders was very good. One of us ordered fried gator which was a first for us. (It was tasty, a cross between fish and chicken.) AND the desserts were amazing! Loved the key lime pie! Will definitely return.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We ate here for our last meal on the island and it was very enjoyable. We just missed breakfast service which was a shame as their breakfast menu looked good. The prices were reasonable and the food good. We sat outside and thoroughly enjoyed the patio.