“Second time still not impressed”
Review of The Island Cow

The Island Cow
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

This was our second time to this establishment and the only reason we returned is my sister, who had never been, wanted to go to a pet friendly establishment. The menu offers a lot of different options, but the taste is just not there. Had a bit of a wait which is to be expected and got to sit outside which was to be expected due to my sisters dog. The tuna wrap I had was pretty good and the 1.99 draft beer was pretty good. The hubby had the shrimp salad wrap which was pretty tasteless, I've had better seafood salad back in the Midwest. Service was fair to poor. Waitress copped an attitude when we asked hereo split the bill and even before that was not overly friendly. Unfortunately this was probably my last visit to this establishment.

1  Thank Kellsbells1031

Reviewed March 12, 2014

The atmosphere at the Island Cow is colourful and fun. We liked the $1.99 draft beer. The service was only okay - a little slow and not that friendly. We had a wrap, fajitas, and ribs. The wrap and fajitas were mediocre. The ribs were tasty. Large portions. There was live music and we enjoyed that.

1  Thank Cheryl F
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Recently returned from our trip to Sanibel, during which we discovered the Island Cow. We loved it so much we returned five times during our seven-day stay, include twice in one day! The service was excellent each time we dined there and the menu is expansive. It has a casual island feel and the prices are extremely reasonable, especially for being on the island. Here is a quick run-down of dishes we ordered and enjoyed:

The "Your Way" breakfast platter: enough to carry each of us through lunch and all the way to dinner. Can't go wrong for $6.99. Starbucks coffee is available and all meals here are served with a free, small muffin for each person. Assorted variety; it's always a surprise!

The Blackened Scallops and Shrimp Salad: by far, the best meal I had during the trip. The scallops were so tender and not a spec of sand in them (as you sometimes experience with lower-quality seafood). They were EXCELLENT; blackened to perfect, but not overpowering. The salads all have some fruit on the side of them which was an unexpected treat. Try the island vinaigrette, you won't be disappointed.

The Veggie Stir Fry: huge portion overflowing with red/green/yellow bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash and sweet onions in a stir fry/teriyaki sauce over angel hair. This was to die for. Truly excellent. It was enough for dinner and lunch the next day and arrived piping hot in the skillet. My dad opted for the Delicate Angel Hair with roma tomatoes which was also a big hit.

The Combo Tacos (one shrimp, one group): two tacos does not sound like much, but these are quite large. Accompanied with black beans and rice and pico de gallo and sour cream, it was most definitely enough for a hungry adult. And these were delicious.

Other notables include the Shrimply Great wrap, crab cake sandwich, fried gulf shrimp basket and lobster and shrimp wontons. Don't pass up the $1.99 Landshark Lager offered daily!

We could not have been happier to find the Island Cow. I read a few reviews admonishing the service, which I wholeheartedly disagree with, and this was peak season. I saw a waitress (who I think was one of the owners) take care of a family who appeared to not speak much english, and go as far as to put their 2-year-old into a high chair and nestle her up to the table so the family could remain comfortably seated and attend to their other daughter. Not many places offer service like that. Everyone was very friendly and the service was prompt. Don't miss this place!

2  Thank LovesTheBeach13
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The servers are really great here. We really enjoyed our meal. The quesadillas (1 order pork, 1 seafood) were nicely spiced. We took the leftovers home for supper, and our server kindly gave us a bag of ice, to keep them cool for travel. I ate every bit of my shrimp and scallop salad, which came with a nice citrus dressing and a good sized portion of fresh fruit. We liked the coconut muffins they put on the table when you sit down, too. It was busy, but we put our names on the list, got our signalling device, and enjoyed drinks on the patio till our table was ready. A good choice!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I are just finishing our first ever meal/visit here.

We would definitely come back! Service was super friendly just like the atmosphere, and food and drinks were a good value.

Seems nice for families or couples (like us). They do breakfast, lunch and dinner. I wish we didn't have to leave tomorrow or we'd come back this trip.