“The spot we chose for our 30th anniversary”
Review of The Island Cow

The Island Cow
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Today is my 30th wedding anniversary, and my husband wanted to go to the Cow. Not exactly a big splurge, or the most romantic place, but when you've been married 30 years, you make your spouse happy-- and truth be told, our family is usually happy when we eat here. There were 6 of us--also our son, my mom, and my aunt and uncle. We arrived around 11:30 and were seated immediately. They brought muffins as usual, and we ordered: a tuna salad, the seafood sampler, a flounder sandwich, the reuben, coconut shrimp basket, and a cheeseburger. I had the coconut shrimp, and they were really good, big and meaty. Perhaps a couple were a little overcooked, but the taste was still pretty fine. They came with two sauces, a sweet (plum?) sauce and a remoulade type of sauce. My husband loves the reuben there and gets it every year. My mom's tuna salad was huge and very attractive, with some nice, ripe strawberries. My aunt really got her seafood fix with the seafood sampler, and she said it was very tasty. My uncle's flounder sandwich was huge. It came with a large piece of flounder (maybe 7 inches long) and another piece stacked on top of that. He said it was very good.

1  Thank floridalibn
Write a ReviewReviews (5,990)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Love the Island Cow on Sanibel. Coconut French Toast, Scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, its all wonderful. Indoor and outdoor seating. You may want to sit outside because it can get a little noisy inside. Breakfast is over at 11am.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

A great place to relax and sit outside and enjoy the island. Food was great and very reasonable. Lines get long around 6. We always ate early so we could go back and enjoy the beach. Lots of comfy chairs outside.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

had excellent grouper tacos one day for lunch...very very nice person waited on me....I had forgotten they stopped serving breakfast at 11 or so.....and they have delish breakfasts! GO!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Easy going restaurant, food is nice, a lot of fresh fish, prices are OK, you can eat inside or outside