“Made a great 1st impression on our recent vacation”
Review of The Island Cow

The Island Cow
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My wife and I recently went to Sanibel/Captiva for vacation for the first time. As we were driving to Captiva early afternoon we were starving and we stopped at the Island Cow. Good choice! First thing, even though it was kind late for lunch there were plenty of cars in the parking lot - a good sign in my book. We were seated outside right away and there were plenty of choices in the extensive menu. My wife chose the grouper tacos and they were great - there was so much she ended up taking half with her. I had the catfish reuben - also really good. I was starving and have cleaned my plate pretty much my whole life, but I was even getting full. Would not hesitate to eat there again - so many things on the menu.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Good food, good service, diner like place. Excellent value for money. When we went there it was packed, and appears to be a favourite with the locals.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We LOVED this restaurant!!! We ate here for lunch and every one of our group of 5 was very happy with their meal. Great atmosphere, fun, bubbly waitress, $2 draft beer, very family friendly, and great food. I had the clam basket and they were plump, well-seasoned clams, not off the Sysco truck. My son had Mussels and the sauce on them was amazing. I would have loved that sauce on a plate of pasta. Lots of basil and garlic. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. We would definitely eat here again. Overall we were disappointed with the restaurants we ate at on Captiva and Sanibel, but not the Island Cow. It was delicious and we will definitely go back next time we're down there for vacation!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Not the best food on the island, but for the money a good range of well prepared food. Avoid fish and go for the burger type basics. We have eaten here a few times and know what to expect. great T shirts too.

1  Thank Easterholidays
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a visit to Sanibel Island. I was looking forward to eating at The Island Cow as I loved their Southern Style Fish the last two times we were there. While my fish was good, my husband's food was just okay and my fries over seasoned and limp. We went back for breakfast two days later, again remembering a great breakfast from last October, it was not great this time. I had the crabcake with eggs and (extremely cold and greasy) home fries. We had the same server both times, and both times needed to hunt for her or ask other servers for drink refills, toast, etc. Not sure if she was working tables inside and out, but she was gone for long stretches outside.
I hope the management gets this place back on track with hot food and better service.