“A Special Night Out”

Thistle Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Thistle Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Casa Ybel Road
Description: The award-winning menu at the Thistle Lodge includes a blend of Floridian, European, and Asian flavors designed to please even the most discriminating palates. The seafood is fresh and hand-cut right in our own kitchen. Steaks are flown in from the Midwest and dry aged to enhance their flavor and tenderness. Even the herbs, fruits, and vegetables we use in our cuisine are custom-grown. Whether you are planning a romantic evening for two, celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for the best beachfront dining in Sanibel Island, the Thistle Lodge offers an unrivaled culinary experience. Thistle Lodge is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers both indoor and outdoor dining. The upper level of the restaurant is available for private events.
Reviewed May 9, 2009

My sisters and I gave our parents a $100 gift certificate to Thistle Lodge for their 30th anniversary to use during our vacation on Sanibel. After reading reviews on TA it sounded like the perfect place for a special evening and that's exactly what it was! The menu is online so they were able to get an idea for what they wanted ahead of time. They got the Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes as an appetizer then my dad had the Creamy Lobster Bisque and Blackened Snapper, Scallops & Shrimp. Mom had the Lobster & Lump Crab Meat Crusted Sea Scallops and they both had Key Lime Cheesecake for dessert. They said everything was fantastic and they had a nice time walking around the grounds afterwards. The gift certificate covered everything except the $15 tip.

Reviewed March 5, 2009

4 March 2009
Excellent service, great martinis, outstanding food.
The value for the quality food, service and atmosphere is well worth the price. 5 people at $60. average each.
We went to Doc Fords for bar food and it cost $45. each, the food was typical bar food and the service was lousy.

1  Thank NFalmouth
Reviewed February 27, 2009

Delicious food and a very attentive server, what more can I say except becareful if you are on a budget as it is quite expensive but we had a romantic dinner for 2 and the night was perfect.

Reviewed February 19, 2009

Thistle Lodge has a lovely tropical setting on the beach, an interior that is like an old English country house (with flamingos) and wonderful food.The food was excellent (all four of us liked what we had chosen) and the price reasonable for a fairly upscale restaurant (about $100. a couple plus tip for appetizers, entrees, shared desserts and a bottle of wine). The only quibble I had was with our waiter. He was thoroughly professional, able to rhyme off the ingredients of intricate dishes. I would have liked him to be a little more welcoming (not in the smarmy "my name is Ken, etc. style), but friendlier. Nevertheless, we had fun, and would definitiely return

1  Thank Shellseeker1
Reviewed October 24, 2008

I'm starting a new line of reviews (for me) called Ladies Who Lunch. Far from pretentious, the Ladies are just myself and one or two friends who try to get together once a month or so to catch-up. It was my turn to plan the next 'ladies lunch' and couldn't wait to return to Thitle Lodge.

This lunch was just myself and one friend. We chose to stay cool and dine indoors. We were promptly greeted and shown to a beautiful table overlooking the beach - an amazing view!

Lunch for me was a refreshing spinach salad with strawberries, canaloupe and pecans and a pomegranate vinaigrette dressing. Delicious and different! I'm sorry I forgot to ask for the recipe. (Hey! A reason to return!) My friend had a "white" flatbread pizza she declared "excellent". With ice tea, soda and wine to drink, our total bill was just over $30.

Service was quick, professional and friendly, without being too familiar, if you know what I mean.

After lunch we did venture outdoors, as I wanted to show my friend where my husband and I recently stayed. I was pleasantly surprised to see all new outdoor patio/dining furniture and landscaping.

Thistle - you've done it again! I will be back!