“A dinning experience that takes you to another time”

Thistle Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Thistle Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Casa Ybel Road
Description: The award-winning menu at the Thistle Lodge includes a blend of Floridian, European, and Asian flavors designed to please even the most discriminating palates. The seafood is fresh and hand-cut right in our own kitchen. Steaks are flown in from the Midwest and dry aged to enhance their flavor and tenderness. Even the herbs, fruits, and vegetables we use in our cuisine are custom-grown. Whether you are planning a romantic evening for two, celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for the best beachfront dining in Sanibel Island, the Thistle Lodge offers an unrivaled culinary experience. Thistle Lodge is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers both indoor and outdoor dining. The upper level of the restaurant is available for private events.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have dined here several times and each time the food has been perfectly prepared and the service is attentive without being intrusive. If you have a question about the food that the server doesn't have the answer to; he will go to the kitchen and get the answer from the chef. This is one of the few eateries on Sanibel that can handle large groups.

It is on the beach with perfect views of the Gulf but it is not the best place to view the sunsets. Sanibel Island is curved and the Thistle Lodge is looking more south than west. The Thistle Lodge is more an experience than a restaurant. Time is told by watching the tourist getting red by the pool rather than looking at a watch. An afternoon entertainment is the daily visit of a large red headed woodpecker who stares at his reflection in the windows; making sure his grooming is perfect.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Everything about our evening here was delightful! The atmosphere is lovely, the food delicious and the service excellent. It is expensive but worth it for a special evening out .

Reviewed March 14, 2013

In 1986 our family celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary at Thistle Lodge!
It was special for all of us in 1986 and has remained a favorite restaurant with great
memories!! Food is dependably delicious!!

1  Thank shoozaholic
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on the last night of our week long vacation for a romantic sunset dinner. I was a little disappointed that I could not see the sunset as well as I thought I'd be able to, but the scenery outside was still beautiful. We sat at the poolside bar and grabbed a drink from Casey as we were a bit early. Thanks Casey! The risotto with asparagus appetizer was absolutely delish!!! Probably one of the best risotto's I've had! I ordered the filet mignon and my boyfriend ordered the NY sirloin. My steak was out of this world! The homemade steak sauce that came on the side was soooo good. My boyfriend said his steak was good, but enjoyed my filet better and said his sauce was more gravy like. The smashed potatoes were excellent. We were too full for dessert, so didn't attempt. The bill was $100 for 2, and we didnt order alcohol. Must try for a romantic dinner!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family of five ate here a few times while staying at Casa Ybel. We really enjoyed it. Lunch was outside on their gazebo/porch, food was typical lunch items, but location was spectacular. We then had dinner here and was surprised by how delicious it was. We had a few different items - fish, beef, chicken, and all were very good.