“Beautiful Venue!!”

Thistle Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Thistle Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Casa Ybel Road
Description: The award-winning menu at the Thistle Lodge includes a blend of Floridian, European, and Asian flavors designed to please even the most discriminating palates. The seafood is fresh and hand-cut right in our own kitchen. Steaks are flown in from the Midwest and dry aged to enhance their flavor and tenderness. Even the herbs, fruits, and vegetables we use in our cuisine are custom-grown. Whether you are planning a romantic evening for two, celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for the best beachfront dining in Sanibel Island, the Thistle Lodge offers an unrivaled culinary experience. Thistle Lodge is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers both indoor and outdoor dining. The upper level of the restaurant is available for private events.
Wenatchee, Washington
“Beautiful Venue!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

In 1986 our family celebrated my parents 40th wedding anniversary at Thistle Lodge!
It was special for all of us in 1986 and has remained a favorite restaurant with great
memories!! Food is dependably delicious!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank shoozaholic

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I came here on the last night of our week long vacation for a romantic sunset dinner. I was a little disappointed that I could not see the sunset as well as I thought I'd be able to, but the scenery outside was still beautiful. We sat at the poolside bar and grabbed a drink from Casey as we were a bit early. Thanks Casey! The risotto with asparagus appetizer was absolutely delish!!! Probably one of the best risotto's I've had! I ordered the filet mignon and my boyfriend ordered the NY sirloin. My steak was out of this world! The homemade steak sauce that came on the side was soooo good. My boyfriend said his steak was good, but enjoyed my filet better and said his sauce was more gravy like. The smashed potatoes were excellent. We were too full for dessert, so didn't attempt. The bill was $100 for 2, and we didnt order alcohol. Must try for a romantic dinner!

ny
“Very good!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family of five ate here a few times while staying at Casa Ybel. We really enjoyed it. Lunch was outside on their gazebo/porch, food was typical lunch items, but location was spectacular. We then had dinner here and was surprised by how delicious it was. We had a few different items - fish, beef, chicken, and all were very good.

• Visited April 2012
Bay Shore, New York
“A romantic spot”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The main dining room is very attractive and has great views of a palm tree lined beach and the sunset. The food was served by a very attentive, affable and professional waitress. Dinner of osso buco and rack of lamb, with a bottle of Malbec was excellent. . In all, a great place for a romantic dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We ate here each night of our February 2012 visit to Sanibel and returned again this year as everything had been so great.
Once again on each of the 4 nights we were here we found the service, food and wine list all excellent.
Highly recommended