“Great Restaurant at Casa Ybel.”

Thistle Lodge Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Thistle Lodge Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Casa Ybel Road
Description: The award-winning menu at the Thistle Lodge includes a blend of Floridian, European, and Asian flavors designed to please even the most discriminating palates. The seafood is fresh and hand-cut right in our own kitchen. Steaks are flown in from the Midwest and dry aged to enhance their flavor and tenderness. Even the herbs, fruits, and vegetables we use in our cuisine are custom-grown. Whether you are planning a romantic evening for two, celebrating a special occasion or simply looking for the best beachfront dining in Sanibel Island, the Thistle Lodge offers an unrivaled culinary experience. Thistle Lodge is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers both indoor and outdoor dining. The upper level of the restaurant is available for private events.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The food, especially the stone crabs, were great. The servers made us feel like they were glad we were there.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The restaurant is located with a spectacular view of the Gulf which is hard to get on Sanibel The prices were a little on the high side but it is a special restaurant compared to other restaurants in town. The wait staff is just a little bit over the top but I would return for a special event.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

A lovely restaurant with a lovely view. The wife and I spent a wonderful vacation on Sanibel Island which also included my birthday. My wife decided on the Thistle to spend my big 5-0 birthday..(Naturally, the place I had chosen to dine she found a problem with, as always) When it comes to dinning, I'm a big flavor type of person, my wife on the other hand is a bland flavor type of person. We had requested seating with a view, the tables were a bit cramped. So we had to listen to the conversation of the party of four next to us. In the spirit of all they were very nice people. We both ordered the fried Calamari, which was very good but not melt in your mouth fresh as I had before but very good. My wife ordered the Lobster Bisque and Herb Crusted Lamp Rack, she stated she enjoyed the Lamb but the lobster bisque could have been better. I also ordered the Beach Front Salad and Seafood Trio..The Salad was excellent but the Seafood Trio came up short in flavor but very filling. The food and drinks are a bit pricey, which is fine, but the food was a bit short of a home run. However, we were in for a very special treat. The husband of a lovely couple whom are steady customers enjoys sneaking a stop at the piano after dinning, and play he did. Excellent pianist ! As everyone applauded after each song his wife stated "Please don't, he'll never leave" My wife informed the waitress of my birthday without my knowledge, as she approached our table with a candle on desert she had nodded to the gentlemen playing the piano for the HAPPY BIRTHDAY song. That along with the customers joining in singing Happy Birthday left me with a very memorable moment. The waitress & staff were very attentive and very nice, so yes you'll enjoy your dinning at the Thistle Lodge Restaurant.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Happened upon the Thistle Lodge restaurant while on Sanibel for a brief fall vacation. It was off-season, so many restaurants were closed, but this one remains open when many are down. We took advantage of their fixed price option with salads/appetizer course, main course, a dessert to share and a bottle of cheap wine. But all was very good, I had the pork tenderloin, with a mustard sauce that was great. Didn't expect much from the included bottle of wine but was surprised, was not bad.
Great view of the resort there and the ocean at sunset helped, and the service was great. I might even check out the resort to stay there the next time; we were at the Ocean's Reach condos next door for this trip.

3  Thank Danlock3215
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A wonderful resort restaurant in a traditional style home facing the ocean. We ate one of the specials of the evening - lobster tail with a delicious dessert. (Just look at the photos). The service was attentive for our early dinner. This was our fairwell dinner on the island. An excellent choice on our part.

1  Thank Pickey1952