“Great Seafood”

Timbers Restaurant and Fish Market
Cuisines: Sushi, American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake George, New York
“Great Seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Out of all of the restaurants I have tried on my recent vacation to Sanibel Island, the Timbers was the best. We enjoyed the interesting décor and large fans. My wife had the crab bisque and almost got another bowl. Excellent. Our server Kelly was very proficient and suggested we try the fresh caught grouper special. Also a good decision. The only complaint I have is that vegetables were very bland and seemed frozen.

Winter Garden, Florida, United States
“Great Food, Just good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

The food at the Timbers has always been great. The seafood is fresh and I highly recommend the Crunchy Grouper meal. Crunchy Grouper is a signature item on Sanibel Island and the Timbers does an excellent job. The grouper is fresh and the breading(corn flakes) is incredible. I also highly recommend the Crabmeat Bisque, it is a very complex soup with a lot of crab and a sweet creamy broth. When we visit for a week on Sanibel, I want to get at least 3 of these soups, they are that good. Service is hit or miss though, I would say 50% of the time the service is excellent, and the other half it is just acceptable. We have never had bad service, but sometimes it has just been blah service (if that makes sense). Regardless of the service the food makes up for it and I will return here everytime due to the great quality of food.

• Visited March 2013
Amarillo, TX
“Food was good but service needs to improve.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We've been to Sanibel many times and the Timbers is a normal stop. The food is very good but the waitress wasn't very attentive. We waited around 8-10 minutes before she arrived to take drinks. The rest of the service was similar. The food is very good and if you like crab bisque you'll love theirs.

Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Not terrible, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We didn't want to wait for a restaurant on Captiva so we ended up here. The restaurant is the same decor as it was 10 years ago when we last ate there. We ordered the fried grouper. It was way too much to eat and it was very heavy with the cornflake breading. The sides were not anything to write home about. The waitress disappeared a couple of times and we even waited a while to pay the bill! Although it was not terrible, we were disappointed and will not likely return.
There are way too many restaurants keeping the menus up with the times with more fresh and trendy items.

New York City, New York
“Great restaurant but dont order the fried fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We enjoyed eating at Timbers. I ordered the crab bisque soup which was delicious. Shrimp cocktail was excellent and they use jumbo shrimp. Unfortunately my main entree was not so good. I was really looking forward to having grouper. I order a fried seafood platter which included fried shrimp, scallops, and grouper and I was not impressed at all. The breading was too heavy and the fish lacked flavor. I would recommend it grilled would be better. Had chocolate cake for dessert and it was awesome!!! Everyone else enjoyed their meal here. Just a tip they add 18% gratuity automatically but we were a party of 5.