“Best Sea Food on the island”

Timbers Restaurant and Fish Market
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 21, 2012

What can we say, nothing particularly fancy about the atmosphere but what one would expect, and want, with that island feel. Our waitress was very friendly, prompt and would say the service was quite good. I had the best Sea Bass ( I had the Thai sauce on the side and glad I did) I think I have ever had. Moist, sweet, temperature perfect. My wife had the crunchy grouper and it was two meals in one...excellent. Friends had the scallops and ohhed and awed over it. Have eaten there twice and each time have never been disappointed.....GREAT seafood and well priced in a nice relaxed island atmosphere.
They don't take reservations but you can call 30 min in advance to secure a place on the list.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,799)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Husband and I had dinner one night. Easy to find casual restaurant on Sanibel. Large portions for a good price. Dinners include either soup or salad. I had the crab bisque which was $1 extra. Was very tasty with a good amount of blue crab (which I believe was claw meat). Husband had the New England Clam Chowder which he said was very good. For dinner, I had the crunchy combo which consisted of a large piece of grouper and 4 large shrimp fried with the Timbers signature corn flake crust. The fish and shrimp tasted good and fresh. Was not a really big fan of the crunchy crust. Husband had broiled grouper which was delicious. Both dinners came with baked potato and mixed vegetables. Our server was very enthusiastic and friendly and spent a long time going over the menu with us and answering our questions. Would likely return if in the area.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Good food, nice atmosphere. Crab cakes and triple shrimp meals were excellent. We will return again to dine next visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We did not eat there but we did buy some of the best smoked fish (salmon and bluefish) that we’ve ever had. It was so good, in fact, that we returned to the island before we left so we could take some home! If we return, we'll try the restaurant itself.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

3 couples celebrated a friends BD at Timbers on Sanibel while we were on vacation. There is a "lively" bar area where we waited a short time until our table was ready--the service at the bar was exceptional! We all enjoyed the atmosphere in the restaurant and our meals. While it was crowded, the acoustics are good so we were able to carry on conversation easily. The wait staff was especially friendly--for example the person who brought the bread said she was BOB, Bringer of Bread.