“We enjoyed it.”
Review of Blue Giraffe

Blue Giraffe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Blue Giraffe is the place to experience casual island dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days a week from 7am to close. Dine outside in the garden atmosphere of Periwinkle Place or inside at hand-painted tables, inspired by local artists. Our wide-ranging menu is full of fresh and local seafood, island-renowned chowders, custom sandwiches and burgers, refreshing salads, mouth-watering steak and vegetarian options. Unwind at our full liquor bar, sipping on a glass of wine, a frosty draft, bottled beer or one of our signature frozen drinks. As for dessert, indulge in hand-dipped Edy's Grand Ice Cream, or a rich cappuccino. You won't be able to get enough of our delicious island-inspired food, all in a friendly, tropical setting.
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We got up early and headed out to Sanibel to do some shelling and just enjoy the day and the weather. I had seen many ads for the Blue Giraffe and we wanted some lunch and a drink after our time on the beach. When we arrived we had to figure out where the restaurant actually was considering it is a large complex. Saw the sign and headed to the back. The outdoor seating was full, so we sat at the bar to have a drink while we waited. Before I even had two sips, a table was ready and Tara helped to take our drinks to the table. The lunch menu was so large it took time to peruse it all, but Tara gave us the time. I settled on a cup of their creamy clam chowder and when it came I wished I had ordered a bowl. It was very flavorful, the potatoes were tender and it had plenty of clam pieces. I got a rare made-to-order burger with cheddar, bacon, mushrooms and LTM and it was great. Cooked to order, melty cheese and nice mushrooms and bacon, I really liked it. The fries that came with it were done well and had good flavor. My wife got a chicken salad sandwich on whole wheat and the chicken was falling out of the sandwich. It came with homemade potato chips that were hot and good. The sandwich was large enough for her to eat half and take half home where she finished it later that night.
I got my Dewar's and soda with a good pour, she got a bloody Mary that was good, but not outstanding, maybe next time I'll squirt some Tabasco in it for her.
The bottom line is we'd go back and try something else or maybe even another burger. Tara was very attentive and friendly and we enjoyed our time at the Blue Giraffe.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our family and friends ate here around 3pm and were seated right away. The female hostess was not overly friendly but we were there for lunch - not conversation. Our waiter was attentive, very friendly and made some solid recommendations. We had one order of fish sticks off the kid's menu and the chicken tenders, chicken wrap and a mushroom cheeseburger came from the regular menu. Prior to the meal we shared an order of onion rings. Everything was timely and tasty and we each washed the meal down with either soda or tea. For dessert we split their chocolate cake - delicious. Not so delicious or tasty? The bill! With the mandatory 18% gratuity for parties of 8 or more our bill was a steep $85. Will we go back? Absolutely but it Is definitely a once a vacation meal stop for our family. There are a lot of restaurants on the island from which to choose!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ate here on St. Patrick's Day, and, to my surprise no Irish Specials. We had 2 sandwiches and a flatbread pizza and our total bill was around $75. I thought that was pretty outrageous.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We found this restaurant when we were just biking around the Island, and judging from the outside we thought it would be fun to stop at and grab an early lunch. It was absolutely adorable on the inside, and although a bit pricey the food was excellent and the portions more than generous. We will be eating here again on our next trip.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I went with my family for lunch about 3pm. We were seated immediately. My wife and I had burgers. The kids, chicken tenders. My southwestern burger was the juciest burger I ever had. It was perfect. My wife had a cheese burger. I had a kobe burger at ford garage, and the blue giraffe burger was much better. Fries were crisp. I also got a chessecake-keylime pie. Everything was good.