“Tasty But Expensive”
Review of Blue Giraffe

Blue Giraffe
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Blue Giraffe is the place to experience casual island dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, seven days a week from 7am to close. Dine outside in the garden atmosphere of Periwinkle Place or inside at hand-painted tables, inspired by local artists. Our wide-ranging menu is full of fresh and local seafood, island-renowned chowders, custom sandwiches and burgers, refreshing salads, mouth-watering steak and vegetarian options. Unwind at our full liquor bar, sipping on a glass of wine, a frosty draft, bottled beer or one of our signature frozen drinks. As for dessert, indulge in hand-dipped Edy's Grand Ice Cream, or a rich cappuccino. You won't be able to get enough of our delicious island-inspired food, all in a friendly, tropical setting.
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Our family and friends ate here around 3pm and were seated right away. The female hostess was not overly friendly but we were there for lunch - not conversation. Our waiter was attentive, very friendly and made some solid recommendations. We had one order of fish sticks off the kid's menu and the chicken tenders, chicken wrap and a mushroom cheeseburger came from the regular menu. Prior to the meal we shared an order of onion rings. Everything was timely and tasty and we each washed the meal down with either soda or tea. For dessert we split their chocolate cake - delicious. Not so delicious or tasty? The bill! With the mandatory 18% gratuity for parties of 8 or more our bill was a steep $85. Will we go back? Absolutely but it Is definitely a once a vacation meal stop for our family. There are a lot of restaurants on the island from which to choose!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ate here on St. Patrick's Day, and, to my surprise no Irish Specials. We had 2 sandwiches and a flatbread pizza and our total bill was around $75. I thought that was pretty outrageous.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We found this restaurant when we were just biking around the Island, and judging from the outside we thought it would be fun to stop at and grab an early lunch. It was absolutely adorable on the inside, and although a bit pricey the food was excellent and the portions more than generous. We will be eating here again on our next trip.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I went with my family for lunch about 3pm. We were seated immediately. My wife and I had burgers. The kids, chicken tenders. My southwestern burger was the juciest burger I ever had. It was perfect. My wife had a cheese burger. I had a kobe burger at ford garage, and the blue giraffe burger was much better. Fries were crisp. I also got a chessecake-keylime pie. Everything was good.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

After a 45 minute wait to be seated, the only food we found worthy of our time was the homemade potato chips. The rest of the food was ordinary at best. Our grouper reuben, recommended by the waitress, tasted fishy, the cheese was not melted, and featured cole slaw instead of sauerkraut. We returned it, and the waitress took it back graciously. Another diner in our party, when asked about his food, said, "I ate it." As there are many other viable options for your dinner on this island, I'd say skip it.