“Great patio dining.”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Sanibel Island
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Description: Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille is the place to find the best Caribbean flavors on Sanibel Island and surrounding areas! It is named after the character from author Randy Wayne White's best-selling book series and is a favorite dining spot for travelers from all over the world as well as a favorite for the locals looking for great food and atmosphere!
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I love their patio dining. It feels like a garden party. The rum drinks are so good. Love the grouper sandwich. Inside is a little dark for me.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Too crowded, no acoustics fair menu and prices. Filled at any time of the day and night by the uninformed. Trust me, I live on Sanibel island.

They have several locations of Doc Ford restaurants. The best of the best, food and scenic water frontage with three (3) levels of dining inside and out is over in Fort Myers beach. Not that far away. Worth the trip. Look it up and go. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went to Doc Fords for an early dinner. It is a very popular spot with indoor and outdoor seating. The service was friendly and efficient. Menu leans toward seafood. My wife had a salad with grilled shrimp and I had a grouper sandwich. Both were a little better than average bar items.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Eclectic selection of various "sports' bar food and great mixed drinks. Get there early has the parking lot fills up rather quickly.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I enjoyed a dinner of fresh fish dish at Doc Ford's as well as dessert. The food quality was good and the prices not unreasonable (although perhaps slightly higher than some of the other popular Sanibel family restaurants/bars). I didn't realize until after I had finished my dinner that Doc Ford's also has an outside deck heated by heat lamps. If I had realized that option was available, I probably would've eaten outside, since the weather was relatively warm and beautiful on Sanibel in mid-February, even in the evening. Our server was okay -- not overly friendly. Seemed stressed out. But service was otherwise quick and efficient.