“Tasty and fun”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Soups, Grill
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille is the place to find the best Caribbean flavors on Sanibel Island and surrounding areas! It is named after the character from author Randy Wayne White's best-selling book series and is a favorite dining spot for travelers from all over the world as well as a favorite for the locals looking for great food and atmosphere!
Spearfish, South Dakota
“Tasty and fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

My family and I went here just before Christmas. We split some tasty apps and I had some great Fried shrimp and a fresh salad. The patio was great for chatting. The service was good. I also loved their brand of ginger ale though I'm not sure which kind it was.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Granville, Ohio
“Best Fish Tacos Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

A friend told us that this was THE PLACE to get fish tacos and they were spot on! Best fish tacos we've ever had, bar none!

We ate here three times during our visit and tried several other items on the menu...all well prepared and perfectly seasoned.

Service was attentive each time and food came out in a timely manner. Good choice on Sanibel!

Visited January 2014
Rockford, Illinois
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

The server was amazing! Super sweet girl! Food was amazing! Great location! I would recommend it to anyone! !

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

After reading reviews of this restaurant on Trip Advisor, we decided to try it. And we're glad we did! We chose to sit in the bar area, which was much quieter than the main restaurant. Sean was our server, and was excellent. I had Deep Water Mahi-Mahi - a great choice! The jasmine rice served with it was wonderful. I also ordered a side of wilted spinach with caramelized mushrooms. Well worth the $4.95! My husband ordered Seafood Paella, which he declared very good. We both would order these entrees again. There special drinks were priced at $6.95, which I thought was reasonable, although I didn't have any. I did think my husband's beer was pricey - $4.75. I will definitely dine here again!

• Visited January 2014
Rural SC
“tasty lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We had a very pleasant lunch on the patio. No wait for a table and the service was good. My husband had a beer, and we both had the Ahi tuna appetizer. delicious!

Visited January 2014