“Lunch Less crowded and more laid back”

Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille Sanibel Island
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Description: Doc Ford's Rum Bar & Grille is the place to find the best Caribbean flavors on Sanibel Island and surrounding areas! It is named after the character from author Randy Wayne White's best-selling book series and is a favorite dining spot for travelers from all over the world as well as a favorite for the locals looking for great food and atmosphere!
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Same great food for lunch, Island prices but very good food
and good service. Second time in 4 years and food has been consistant.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent variety of choices. I had the Conch Chowder and Shrimp Spinach Salad, and I certainly was not disappointed. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the Cuban, and the Banana Snapper got rave reviews, as well. I loved the fact that the many of Randy Wayne White's books were for sale at the front of the restaurant. I have never read any of them, but am looking forward to finding out more about this author and his writings. The atmosphere of the restaurant was much better than a standard bar and grill. Beautiful large fish tank really added to the dining experience

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We always stop here when we come to Sanibel and we come twice a year and have for twenty plus years. We have not been disappointed at Doc's for the food or the atmosphere. My wife and I today had the jerked chicken tostados for lunch and they were exceptional with some great spices that exploded in my mouth. Our friends got ribs, pulled pork and their special fish sandwich and everyone raved about their meal.
Cindy our server has been there for seven years and took great care of us even with some special requests.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

we stopped by Doc Ford's on our way back from driving around Captiva. i must admit i haven't read any of Randy Wayne White's books, but that's about to change! I read about this place before we left for Sanibel and it was very high on my list of places i wanted to try.

the oysters were a good value. the mojitos were tremendous. my wife ordered a shrimp plate and i loved it, but it didnt agree with her delicate stomach. the shrimp are from Riveria Maya area and are significantly more dense that what she was accustomed to. That certainly isnt a dig on the quality of the dish but i was thrilled to get to finish off the second half of her plate. HA!

we grabbed a paperback of Sanibel Flats and a HC autographed copy of RWW's new novel. I'll be back next season!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have a holiday home in Captiva and been going to Doc Fords for the last 10 years and have NEVER been disapointed with the food love the fish specials or cocktails. The service is always outstanding. Can't wait to come this summer and go the new venue