“Good food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The fried grouper sandwich is great and you get a huge amount of fries. My husband and I were not starving so we shared the sandwich and fries and had some room to share a piece of pie. The oysters are also very good,

There are newer reviews for Lazy Flamingo II

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Favorite place on the island. service is exceptional. Very friendly wait staff. Waitress guided us through the menu, steering us away from a couple of items she thought we might not like (too spicy). Grouper is excellent, conch chowder was great, great selection of specialty beers. Recommend this place to anyone looking for good food and friendly atmosphere.

1  Thank Pat N
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our family came here on a Saturday evening and it was very busy. even though it was busy the wait staff was nice and seemed to do a good job keeping up with the crowd. My husband and son said the fish (grouper) was good but being near the ocean I would expect that. We started out with oysters on the half and they were good as well.
This is what surprised me...
I had eaten fish most of the week and decided to try something different. I would not think you would find great BBQ ribs in Florida but I was so glad I tried these! They were delicious! Order the sauce on the side. You don't need much because they are great without it.
We had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed the casual atmosphere.
We will definitely return (and I will be ordering the ribs again!)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We arrived on Sanibel late on a Sunday night and we were hungry. Not many choices open at that time of the night on a Sunday, but we found Lazy Flamingo. We were served quickly and they had the best key lime pie. We enjoyed it enough to stop a second time on another night.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family has came to Sanibel for about 40 years. Never have we ever became as sick from food as on this visit! We ate fried grouper sandwiches with slaw on Thursday, Dec 27,2012. Both of us became extremely ill that evening and into the next day. I am still sick 1 week later.

The slaw was served very warm- we only ate 1 bite. The grouper was hot, looke re-fried on the bun.
I think the 3 Sanibel policemen sitting next to our table ordered the grouper too!
Needless to say, we won't be returning to this "restaurant".

1  Thank we4lovedogs