“Great food, beachy island atmosphere”
Review of Lazy Flamingo II

Lazy Flamingo II
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Yummy grouper, Cesar salad and garlic bread. Everything fried in peanut oil so allergic folks beware, but they were very accommodating of our son's allergy. 1

There are newer reviews for Lazy Flamingo II

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Restaurant can accomodate large parties of 14. Food is good for bar food. Service is always good and prices are reasonable.
We go to Sanibel every year and always manage to stop in for a quick bite.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by neighbors of ours in the same condo where we're staying. They went fishing the other day, and they took their catch to the Lazy Flamingo, where they'll cook your fish for you.

The landscaping outside is very tasteful, with a little fountain/stream in front decorated with stones and shells.

When you walk into the restaurant, it has the feel (and smell) of an authentic local seafood joint. There was a table available on the patio, so we sat outside, which was pleasant.

Since we didn't go fishing, we ordered off the menu.

We started with the baker's dozen of raw oysters. They were excellent oysters!

I had the caesar salad with grilled grouper, which was out of this world. My girlfriend had the fried grouper basket, which is served with fries and tartar sauce. I had a bite of her fried grouper, and it was out of this world good. Grouper is a delicate fish, so "less is more". They didn't overdo the seasoning on either of our dishes, so the subtle flavor of grouper shone through.

Prices were very reasonable, and the service was very good.

I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

My family of 5 (aged 10-58) were quite disappointed with this meal. I had conch fritters which were just ordinary and a basket of fried grouper which was very bland. I left most of it. We ate on the patio which only uses plastic cutlery. My husband was given a steak knife for his surf and turf, but other than that - all plastic. We had 2 children's meals, 2 apps, 3 main entree, 1 glass wine, 2 non-alc drinks and 1 dessert. Total bill $97. Service was very good. I would only go again if having a beer and app. I was mainly disappointed as it gets such good reviews, esp by "where the locals eat". Find this hard to believe.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We got 2 orders of the Baker's Dozen oysters at only $10.95, great value & tasted delicious!
Entree salad was just so so (too much dressing, only Romaine lettuce and no extra fixings added).
Our son loved the Grouper sandwich there.
Very fun place to stop by.