“Great Pizza, but cold upon delivery”

Island Pizza Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come in for our "New Lunch Menu" Holiday Gift Certificates available now, come in or call. Perfect Gift for everyone on your list.
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We had a pizza delivered to our room last time we were in Sanibel. The pizza was delicious, but it took about an hour for it to be delivered and it was cold upon arrival. Next time we'll dine in.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stoped in to get a pizza and then discovered they had mussels on the menu as we'll. They were very good just like the pizza. Forget the pizza snobs whom gave a bad reviews they problably complaine about everything - pizza is good and yes the sauce has flavor. But, above all else the service was very good to me. I caught some fish and wanted a someone to cook them. I tried a place or two and it was an hour or two wait; however, while waiting for my take out pizza I just asked and they said yes. I thought I would need too wait so I took the pizza back to our room and started to eat when I got the call that the fish was done. I offered to come back and get the fish but they wanted to bring it to me. And when she brought the fish she would not take a tip for the extra special service. Our deal was only that the chef got to keep some of the fresh fish for himself. When I come back to this island I will be getting Island pizza for sure!!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stopped here because we could eat on the patio with our 4 legged friend. The pizza was amazing. We also had a salad that we split. You can't go wrong here. The funny thing is that this pizza reminded us of a pizza that we get at a pizza place in Harbor Springs, MI. It was like we were at Turkey's up North.

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Was happy to find a kid friendly place to take our two year old busy guy. Food was good and server was nice/accommodating. Good experience! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

First night we tried to get pizza, they were having a employees picnic and were closed. Bummer! It was Super Bowl weekend. Who does that? We got over it and ordered a pizza the next night and it was delicious. Thank goodness we tried again.