“Fun, at home feel, place”

Island Pizza Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Come in for our "New Lunch Menu" Holiday Gift Certificates available now, come in or call. Perfect Gift for everyone on your list.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I really like Island Pizza, not only for their pizza but the atomsphere is fun and very casual. I feel right at home here. I met the owner on my first visit and he was very personable and helpful with suggestions of things to do and places to ses on the island.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I'm from NY, so I wont go as far as to say this pizza is the best I have ever had. However, its the best I have ever had on Sanibel Island. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for decent pizza while vacationing.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

There were 6 of us and we ordered 3 deep dish and one thinner crust pizza. The deep dish pizzas were burnt. We were told that is the way they were cooked, as to make sure the dough was fully cooked. I usually eat deep dish when ordering pizzas at other restaurants and I have never been told it had to be burnt to be done and have never received a burnt one. After I told them to take our deep dish back and just remove it from our bill, we were told by the manager later that she ate two pieces of it and it was fine. She was very rude and was practically arguing the point. They made another that was not burnt and wanted me to take it with us. But after seeing she was upset we complained there was no way I was eating that pizza. The other 5 people ate their pizza since it was our dinner and they were hungry.
We own two restaurants and we never argue with customers if there is a problem. The customer is always right! I did eat one piece of one of the other pizzas that had the least amount of burn on it and the topping flavor was very good. Too bad we couldn't fully enjoy our meal.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This pizza is very good and the delivery is fast! I can say that their pizza beats most chain restuarants. Additionally, while they could probably charge a high price due to limited competition, their prices are VERY reasonable and the variety is great!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We were in a pizza mood so this evening we visited the Island Pizza restaurant on Periwinkle Way in Sanibel. That turned out to be an excellent decision. The evening's special was a Mediterranean pizza featuring feta cheese and a balsamic glaze. This was one of the most spectacular pizza's I have ever had, and that is not an overstatement. My dining associate was also head-over-heals in love with the pizza.

Atmosphere is classic pizza palace, certainly not over-the-top "tropic cute" that is rather common in this part of Florida. Our meal was delivered promptly and hot. We started with dinner salads which were perfectly OK, but let's just say that these guys know pizza and one should not go too far outside of the box. So to speak....

Admittedly, this was an evening special so the price was a bit of a bargain. Still, overall the menu listings were perfectly in-line and not out of control as some of the local restaurants seem to be.

Our server was extremely nice and efficient and made us feel at home. The other staff folks we met were equally welcoming. No doubt about it, we will have to figure out how to squeeze another visit in before we have to travel back up north.