“Lighthouse Cafe for Breakfest”
Review of Lighthouse Cafe

Lighthouse Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We boldly state that we have the "world's best breakfast" and also serve lunch and dinner. Dinner is served seasonally from December 15th till April 30th but breakfast and lunch are served all year long, 7 days a week from 7am till 3pm. Dinner is served from 5pm till 9pm.
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The best place on the island for breakfast. It's small inside and they usually have a wait but they get you seated quickly. Friendly service and good atmosphere. I had the French Toast my first time there and it was the best I ever had.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Fresh squeezed orange juice and great eggs. We had an omlette with crab and shrimp topped with alfredo sauce-it was amazing. French toast was great too. Would absolutely eat there again!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Much improved over my last review! In my experience, only Over Easy Cafe on Sanibel and Meridees back in my hometown in Tennessee have better French Toast than the Peaches N Cream stuffed French Toast I had at the Lighthouse Cafe. This item was not on the menu but on the specials chalkboard so I hope they make it a regular dish. The place was packed in October, and we had to sit outside to wait for a table. The host was friendly and complimented me on my shirt. Our waitress was friendly. Our server was friendly. My mother adored her malted cranberry pecan pancakes - also off menu and on the chalkboard. Only downsides, the mimosa is still watery and still has too much ice in it (take a cue from Over Easy, please) and those fries are still puny and hard, this time with onions in them. But the pros outweighed the cons - keep improving (make those fries better, please, and take the ice out of the mimosas!) and maybe you can proudly say you have the World's Best Breakfast!

1  Thank RootlessRoamer
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We got there just before closing (2:30ish p.m.) and you would have thought we were there at noon. No rush to order nor for us to leave. My husband had the Philly cheese and it was loaded up. I had the French toast that was thick and soaked well but the center was cooked.
The wait staff was cordial. The entire place is covered with pictures of lighthouses. Prices are good. It is on the East end of the island and Pinochios is close by for ice cream after lunch.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My family has been visiting Sanibel for the last 10 years often staying for 4 weeks. We dine usually every day for breakfast at the Lighthouse.
We did not visit last year but this year we were greeted like old friends and treated my 6 yr old daughter like a princess.
I have always found the staff friendly and helpful and Mike the owner must be doing something right as the staff have not changed since our first visit over 10 years ago.
Definitely the best breakfast on the island if not the world and the best atmosphere.