“Just average” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lighthouse Cafe

Lighthouse Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We boldly state that we have the "world's best breakfast" and also serve lunch and dinner. Dinner is served seasonally from December 15th till April 30th but breakfast and lunch are served all year long, 7 days a week from 7am till 3pm. Dinner is served from 5pm till 9pm.
Dublin, Ireland
“Just average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We ate breakfast here because we were told it did the best breakfast in Sanibel; I'm not sure I'd agree but that could be because I felt scolded by the waitress who told me three times in the space of a couple of minutes that I should have ordered a "short stack" of pancakes when I couldn't finish the breakfast I'd ordered. I didn't realise when I ordered a "special" from the chalkboard that I should know in advance I wouldn't be able to clear my plate. That said the pancakes were good and the coffee was kept topped up. The cafe was very busy with every table filled so perhaps my experience isn't the norm...

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Aylesbury
“Big claim to make!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place reckons it serves the best breakfast in the world - I doubt it's even the best breakfast in Sanibel, I don't have anything else in the area to compare it to yet but would be very disappointed if this was the best the island had to offer breakfast-wise. The coffee was good & plentiful, the eggs etc were ok, edible, nothing much more to say. It was busy (being a Sunday morning) but we must have arrived at the right time because we didn't have to wait for a table but when we left there were people waiting. Wouldn't bother going back.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jacqueline M
CLAY
“Very bad hostess”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

On 9/30/12 my wife and I went to the Lighthouse Cafe for breakfast as we always do the first day of our vacation to Sanibel, this is our 8th trip to the island. When we entered the cafe, we were not greeted or looked at, I was ask how many as she keep her head down looking at the counter. She picked up two menus and turned to the left and walked to a table, put down the menus and walked away. My wife and I were ready to get up and leave, the waitress came over and greeted us,took our order, the meal was good, but we were still up set with the hostess. When we left, she was at the counter playing with a cell phone, here again she did not look at me, took the money and gave me back the change. We noticed that she greeted the people she knew. We will not go back, for a great greeting, good service and outstanding food go to The Over Easy Cafe which we did three times. This was the worst service we have received on the island, and we have been coming to this island for the past five years.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank James M
Kentucky, United States
“No Seafood here”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

So disappointed, the size and location Is ideal for a full service restaurant, with bar and indoor or outdoor seating, instead it is appetizers and sandwiches, with only seafood option - calamari appetizer, which was good, service was lacking in that we felt an inconvenience, 3:30 being between lunch and dinner, and to sit outside means, not eligible for happy hour :-(

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Brussels, Belgium
“Not the best breakfast in the world...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I visited the Lighthouse cafe, hungry and looking for a good breakfast. We weretaken in by the claim it served "the best breakfast in the world". American breakfasts are pretty good (if similar) everywhere, so we thought this would be extra special.

The inside is cute and cosy, lots of pictures of lighthouses (obvs) and wooden booths. However, it all went downhill from there. For starters, it did not sell lattes! Given the theme was breakfast, I thought they might have a few coffee options. They only served the horrible filter stuff. We played it safe and had OJ (which to be fair, was fresh and tasty). I went for the blueberry pancakes and my husband went for the eggs benedict. Unfortunately, my pancakes were very average. They were made with whole wheat and whole milk (a bit of a odd mix, either make them healthy or not healthy - not both!) and they were quite hard to eat because of the flour choice. I was also not convinced they had blueberries in (maybe red currents?). My husband didn't enjoy his eggs benedict either - the ham was a bit cheap and the sauce was not nice.

Overall, not the best breakfast. You can find somewhere much better on Sanibel (The Island Cow is better). I wouldn't recommend or go back.

• Visited October 2012