“Big claim to make!”

Lighthouse Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We boldly state that we have the "world's best breakfast" and also serve lunch and dinner. Dinner is served seasonally from December 15th till April 30th but breakfast and lunch are served all year long, 7 days a week from 7am till 3pm. Dinner is served from 5pm till 9pm.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place reckons it serves the best breakfast in the world - I doubt it's even the best breakfast in Sanibel, I don't have anything else in the area to compare it to yet but would be very disappointed if this was the best the island had to offer breakfast-wise. The coffee was good & plentiful, the eggs etc were ok, edible, nothing much more to say. It was busy (being a Sunday morning) but we must have arrived at the right time because we didn't have to wait for a table but when we left there were people waiting. Wouldn't bother going back.

1  Thank Jacqueline M

Reviewed October 12, 2012

On 9/30/12 my wife and I went to the Lighthouse Cafe for breakfast as we always do the first day of our vacation to Sanibel, this is our 8th trip to the island. When we entered the cafe, we were not greeted or looked at, I was ask how many as she keep her head down looking at the counter. She picked up two menus and turned to the left and walked to a table, put down the menus and walked away. My wife and I were ready to get up and leave, the waitress came over and greeted us,took our order, the meal was good, but we were still up set with the hostess. When we left, she was at the counter playing with a cell phone, here again she did not look at me, took the money and gave me back the change. We noticed that she greeted the people she knew. We will not go back, for a great greeting, good service and outstanding food go to The Over Easy Cafe which we did three times. This was the worst service we have received on the island, and we have been coming to this island for the past five years.

1  Thank James M
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

So disappointed, the size and location Is ideal for a full service restaurant, with bar and indoor or outdoor seating, instead it is appetizers and sandwiches, with only seafood option - calamari appetizer, which was good, service was lacking in that we felt an inconvenience, 3:30 being between lunch and dinner, and to sit outside means, not eligible for happy hour :-(

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I visited the Lighthouse cafe, hungry and looking for a good breakfast. We weretaken in by the claim it served "the best breakfast in the world". American breakfasts are pretty good (if similar) everywhere, so we thought this would be extra special.

The inside is cute and cosy, lots of pictures of lighthouses (obvs) and wooden booths. However, it all went downhill from there. For starters, it did not sell lattes! Given the theme was breakfast, I thought they might have a few coffee options. They only served the horrible filter stuff. We played it safe and had OJ (which to be fair, was fresh and tasty). I went for the blueberry pancakes and my husband went for the eggs benedict. Unfortunately, my pancakes were very average. They were made with whole wheat and whole milk (a bit of a odd mix, either make them healthy or not healthy - not both!) and they were quite hard to eat because of the flour choice. I was also not convinced they had blueberries in (maybe red currents?). My husband didn't enjoy his eggs benedict either - the ham was a bit cheap and the sauce was not nice.

Overall, not the best breakfast. You can find somewhere much better on Sanibel (The Island Cow is better). I wouldn't recommend or go back.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

used to come here years ago, and its still an amazing place for breakfast. Turn left when you get to the first stop off the Sanibel bridge. Its a mile down on the left. Friendly staff, tastey breakfast. Can't say enough about it. I would go back tomorrow.