“Good but not special”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Ate here with large group last week. Our waiter did a great job accommodating our large table with 4 small kids. The food was good but not special. I have been spoiled by Chicago Italian food I guess. My biggest concern was that 2 of our kids were vomiting and had diarrhea the next day. Not sure if caused by food here but kinda odd. Decor was nice and kids liked drawing on white paper on table tops

Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went back to this former favorite after a 3 year lapse and it was a big disappointment. The service was fine, but could not overcome the cardboard crust pizza. If you need more cellulose in your diet, just munch on the newspaper and save yourself the trip. I don't know what they were thinking with this approach but whatever it was, it is a disaster. I asked on my way out if they had changed the pizza recipe and was told they had not. Maybe the staff is also new, and doesn't know how good it used to be. Next year, we will skip this place and have dinner at the Island Cow or George & Wendy's.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our dinner here last week. The bruschetta which came with the meal was delicious. The service was friendly. The décor is interesting and inviting. I had the chicken Marsala, and loved it. My husband, who considers himself to be a connoisseur of lasagna, said it was the best he's ever had.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I were driving around the island trying to decide where to eat around 9:00 pm and figured we better make a decision ASAP so we pulled into Metzaluna restaurant. The sign said they closed at 9:30 & I asked the hostess if we could still get in... No problem she said. I'm so glad, this was some of the best Italian food i've had. They started us out with some fresh bread & dipping oil... Very tasty. I got the lasagna which was fantastic. I'm sort particular about How i like my sauce and I was very impressed. My wife had the Chicken Marsalla and loved it. I tried some of hers and the chicken was so tender and the sauce was so flavorful. The waitress Stephanie was very efficient and very pleasant. The decor is very nice with Italian music playing in the background.
We would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Average food and poor service. Our waitress never smiled and was quite aggressive, then they expect 15-20% in tips! This expected tipping in America is a joke.