“Far surpassed my expectations!”
Review of The Sandbar

The Sandbar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Since opening in 2013, The Sandbar has become known for its incredibly fresh seafood and choice cuts of beef and pork. We take great pride in having the best service staff on the islands. Check out the reviews or come in and find out for yourself!
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have to say I was surprised by this restaurant. It's somewhat typical in decor and atmosphere for Sanibel, but the food was amazing--and it was just lunchtime! Quite possibly the BEST crab cakes I've ever put into my mouth, and even the sides were fantastic. Prices weren't too bad either, especially considering how delicious the food was. Excellent service to boot!

1  Thank DawgFan77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,154)

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The menu was very nice and the food was quite good. Our service was not impressive. I liked the restaurant, we had a great time!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

What a delicious meal! From the first cocktail - Marguerita, the boom boom appetizer, on to the Coconut Shrimp and plantains.....this restaurants serves some of the best on the island. Even the bread, on the side, was outstanding. The cocktails had ample alcohol.....you knew you were having an adult beverage! The best Coconut Shrimp I have had in the Southwest Florida area. Oh, and don't forget the Crab Bisque......unforgettable!!!! Only problem was how full and stuffed I felt when I left.......just couldn't stop myself! The service was wonderful......treat yourself to this wonderful new spot!

1  Thank GigiPoppy
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Food and service is outstanding. Very reasonably priced. Our favorite Sanibel restaurant. We highly recommend!! You'll be glad to make this your favorite place in Sanibel too!!!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Had dinner there tonight. Had eaten there once last year, were not impressed, but heard it had improved. At best it is an average restaurant, very, very noisy, and overpriced for the quality. Many better choices on Sanibel.

2  Thank Sanibill