“Great Food, Decor and Staff.”
Review of The Sandbar

The Sandbar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Since opening in 2013, The Sandbar has become known for its incredibly fresh seafood and choice cuts of beef and pork. We take great pride in having the best service staff on the islands.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Everyone was so friendly and the decor looked new. The food was very well seasoned. My boyfriend ordered the ribs and he said it was the best ribs he has ever had. The meat literally fell off the bone. The outside could use some remodeling though.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Had dinner here with 2 adults and 2 teens. Everyone left full and happy. Boom boom shrimp was terrific. Seafood stew was very tasty and loaded with seafood. Ribs were good too. Everything was served piping hot. Atmosphere is very casual, which was fine with us.

2  Thank MAFlo2012
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After my insistence of visiting here, after seeing it on the road and remembering it was high up on the trip advisor list, we were thoroughly happy we came here. The entire staff (especially our waitress) treated you like you were their best friend chatting and being beyond friendly it was really refreshing experience. While the food itself was beyond comprehension. We had the coconut shrimp with fried plantains drizzled with cranberry sauce and white chocolate ( I was completely floored by this it was to die for) for a starter, there complementary bread was really good too really warm soft and with a crunchy crust. My chicken Parm (I don't like linguini pasta and they were out of Penne pasta but after checking they asked if I was okay with rigatoni and I was) was crunchy and flavorful one of the best I've had while my mother insists that the best crab cakes in the world are from here and I believe her. The portions are really big so we were to full for dessert. However I insist that you come here it really is a delicious and refreshing experience.

1  Thank marylin g
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We arrived on Sanibel equipped with numerous Trip Advisor reviews (we don't travel without them) The Sandbar was one of our picks, but we were disappointed when we found the restaurant so close to the water, yet no view. Following great reviews, we decided to at least go in for a cocktail. The restaurant interior was a pleasant surprise, and the bartender, Liz, was most welcoming. We enjoyed nicely presented martinis and were assured by Liz that the food would be some of the best on the island. We started with boom-boom shrimp...FANTASTIC...and had no interest in leaving. My husband and I shared (no problem) a wedge salad, filet mignon, loaded baked potato and crème brulee. Everything was delicious.....the filet was the best we've had in years. We left the restaurant feeling that having had only one night on Sanibel, we had made the perfect choice of a restaurant.

2  Thank Harleysm0m
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We visited the Sandbar for the first time two weeks ago. My son loved it so much he has chosen this place for his birthday dinner. Excellent selection, fresh, local fish, prices were average for Sanibel. Staff were friendly and the atmosphere was great. Recommend for families, couples, special occasion.

2  Thank Beachlovingmom0202
BrianSilv, Guest Relations Manager at The Sandbar, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

I love this review, because you took the time to recognize the efforts of my staff. I'm glad you and your son enjoyed it . Hopefully we'll see you again.