“AMAZING ice cream!”

Description: Breakfast lunch dinner ice cream shop & coffee bar
St. Louis, Missouri
“AMAZING ice cream!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Three stars for the food, five for ice cream.

My husband ordered the seafood platter. He loved the calamari, scallops and shrimp, but was not a fan of the mahi at all.

I ordered the veggie burger wrap. The veggie burger is house made, which I appreciate. I customized it as I wanted. I got sweet potato fries with it. The waited didn't know much about this menu item and had to go ask a few times. Not a big deal. Maybe he was new. The wrap came out not as I expected. It was grilled down like a panini. It was impossible to eat because it was really messy and a little wet, dropping out of the tortilla. I ended up eating it with a fork. It was really good! I think it should be served on a bun. The coating of the sweet potato fries tasted a little odd. Not sure what it was but I wasn't a big fan.

We both got ice cream. They make the ice cream here and have unique flavors. This is a hidden gem!! We liked it better than the famous Pinocchio's! Their flavors are so unique. We had some I hadn't heard of. The "gator tracks" was our favorite. Yum!

While there are a few changes I'd like to see with the food, it was enjoyable overall, and the ice cream was tops. We'd visit again.

1 Thank rubyiu

Port Charlotte, Florida
“A Great Destination”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stopped at Rosie's today for lunch and ordered a Cuban. It was the best I have ever had. Staff was friendly. I highly recommend Rosie's.

2 Thank Peter V
Lima, Peru
“Good food but expensive”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

That pretty much sums it up. The staff was family friendly though, but if you go and eat with several children, you end a good bit over normal prices which are already high on Sanibel. But there are other places where you can get same quality of food cheaper.

2 Thank 40Luke
California
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Our meal at Rosie's Cafe & Grill was very good. I got the Hawaiian Burger and split a coconut cake with my mom.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SanibelStacy
Springfield, Illinois
“Great meals!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had not been to Rosie's before, as it may have opened up between our most recent visit and the one prior. Regardless, we saw it had good reviews on Tripadvisor, so we decided to try it out. We were more than pleasantly surprised. We had two meals over the course of our week at Sanibel, and each one was great! Both our kids (12, 9) found items they really enjoyed, and one night when I was needing a break from seafood I had their prime rib nightly special. It was hands down one of the best meals I've had, and that includes many steak dinners in the midwest. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful, a big reason we wanted to return. It's a little off Periwinkle so it doesn't have as much foot traffic, which actually is great because we had no wait time when we showed up for dinner. We'll definitely return to Rosie!

4 Thank JohnSpi