“Ok food and service”

Description: Breakfast lunch dinner ice cream shop & coffee bar
Missouri
“Ok food and service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is not quite a diner and not quite a nice restaurant. The food was ok. We decided to have the Sanibel bread but since my husband doesn't like blue cheese we asked if that could be left off the waitress assured us it wouldn't be a problem, when it came, it came with blue cheese on both halves and one did not have the provolone cheese. It was ok for me, but my husband was frustrated and thus started the problems. His salad came out and in less than 2 minutes, his entree came. He had the grouper blackened,it was a decent size portion,but the skinny fries were cold which he didn't say anything about until the end of the meal. I got the shrimp and scallops, I had them broiled. They came with a lot of liquid, yellowish, but it didn't taste like anything. The shrimp were over done, the scallops were good. The best part about the meal was that it included a scoop of the ice cream, but I needed to remind our waitress that it was included with the meal. I gor the chocolate caramel brownie. Yummy.

• Visited May 2013

“Best breakfast on Sanibel”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We tried the popular breakfast restaurants like Over Easy first, and the food was better at Rosie's. Don't expect long lines or cars in the parking lot because they are a relatively new restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Zoe M
Vancouver, Washington
“Breakfast”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had breakfast here on our last day before heading off the island. I am not a big breakfast eater and can go without, but my husband is so we ate at a different place each morning. I will admit I am a picky eater and have a very refined palate. I have to say that this was the best breakfast on the island. If we found Rosie's a day or two earlier we would of returned. I highly recommend Rosie's for breakfast! There breakfast sandwich was very yummy on their french bread toast.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Mulambo79
Philadelphia
“.........Great Shrimp and Scallop Dinner”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

.....We found Rosie's late in our week. Had we found this little gem earlier, we would have been back. I had the shrimp and scallop dinner, where you could have them prepared, fried, broiled, or blackened,......and my wife felt more like a sandwich, and got the crispy grouper sandwich. She liked hers, and I LOVED my dinner. The side steamed veggies were done perfectly, with a crispness still intact, a large baked potato, and the shrimp and scallops ARE LARGE......no kidding. With my dinner came ice cream that we shared, and got 2 scoops of a very high end local ice cream. Pistachio was ok, but the blueberry cobbler was OUTSTANDING. Hit this place early in your week, because you may find that more expensive dinners on this island will NOT measure up.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank TRexPhiladelphia
Springfield, Illinois
“Great Food and fine service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found Rosie's during my most recent trip to Sanibel. My daughter in-law had a breakfast sandwich and exclaimed "that is the best breakfast I have ever had". They also have homemade ice cream that is very good. The menu is varied and the prices are reasonable. I went back four times and sampled the breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• Visited March 2013