“A day at the beach”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A day at the beach”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved the natural beauty but didn't enjoy the odor emination from the river water flowing into the gulf.

San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good for shelling and fishing”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We did a day-trip to Sanibel Island from Marco Island to see shelling capital of North America. Although Blind Pass is a good spot for shelling, we couldn't enjoy a lot. It was high-tide, many shells were under the water. But having sea shell sound with each wave hitting to the shore was very interesting for me. We found more sea shell types in South Marco Beach, but we did shelling in low-tide there. So I am not sure comparing two beaches is a good idea. For swimming I don't think blind pass is a good option, there is a strong current especially on the pass. Water was not clear enough to see the bottom, but we saw a baby ray fish close to shore. By the way, like many passes, this spot looks like a great place for fishing!

Parking is metered-parking (cash/credit card) on both sides of the bridge. Park space has foot-shower and restrooms. Just a side note, as far as I see, this beach doesn't have a wheelchair access.

1 Thank tosbaga
Rockaway Beach N.Y.
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Beach”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Beautiful beach lots of shells to collect and wild life including dolphins and fishing on the pier! A must go to!

pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“awesome fishing”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

we had a great time fishing and snorkeling there great day the beach was nice as were the shells. We would go back

Wildwood, MO
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Nice beach but not my favorite on Sanibel”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I love Sanibel Island and the many beach sites that it offers, but Blind Pass is not my favorite one. I gave it a three because the fishing is outstanding just behind Blind Pass, so my husband fishes while I enjoy the sunset.
The shelling is usually hit or miss, depending on the tide.

Visited July 2013