“Another notch in my belt!”
Review of West-End Paradise

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanibel Island
West-End Paradise
Reviewed July 16, 2005

We stayed at West End May 14-18th. And, the reason I say 'Another notch in MY belt ' is because I have become the one to plan my husband and I's vacation (or we would never go) Thank goodness I chose West End - because it was fabulous, and both of us loved it. The best part was the PEACE & quiet - CLEAN studio apartment & the hosts Jennifer & Darwin (oh yes - and the BEACH :) There was a ton of nature to enjoy and we hope to go back very soon!

Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank Beach-Cowgirl22

Biloxi, MS
Reviewed June 22, 2005

My wife and I stayed in #2 at West End Paradise from June 16 to June 19, 2005 and are still very sad - even a week later - that we had to leave as our vacation was coming to an end. The hosts were wonderful, although we never met Jennifer in person. Darwin consistently went out of his way to accomodate every need in a very friendly and efficient manner. I really don't think there is anything he would not do for his guests. In fact, his favorite saying became "Our Guests aren't allowed to work at ALL while they're here!" Relaxation is mandatory...

The pond out back was very cool with all kinds of fish and a VERY friendly turtle who seemed like a dog at heart - only wanted to be petted and loved. The beautiful and easily-accessible beach - which is only a minute away by bike or car - is private and has free parking for anyone staying at West End. That in itself is a premium benefit anywhere on Sanibel!

The property is about midway between Sanibel proper and Captiva, and is really close to Ding Darling. All in all, I'd say West End is an especially nice place, in a very quite residential neighborhood, all in a wonderful setting with very comfortable, clean, and bright suites. On a scale of 1-10, we give it a 10! We're going back soon...

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long valley, NJ
Reviewed June 18, 2005

I am not one to overuse superlatives. In fact I tend to say very little. But I just have to say my wife and I had a wonderful time at this delightful place. I would not hesitate to recommned this place to anyone. Jennifer and Darwin are fantastic hosts and they have truly created a warm and welcoming vacation spot.

I hope to return soon

• Stayed: March 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2005

We knew as soon as we drove up that West End Paradise was "us". We spent our Anniversary weekend there, it couldn't have been more perfect. You can't help but relax, unwind. The stess just melts away. We had breakfast on the patio overlooking the pond, watching the birds work diligently on their nest in the trees just outside. We spent the weekend biking, shelling, watching the sun go down and the stars come out over the Gulf. What an amazing place, romantic, relaxing..truly a little piece of paradise. Thank you Jennifer and Darwin, we will see you again soon.

• Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank Luv2getawayFLL
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed April 12, 2005

I stayed with my girlfriend at the West End Paradise in Sanibel for five days in late March this year (2005) - The experience was just excellent. The owners are the nicest, the rooms are perfectly clean and perfectly kept up and have all that is needed for a beach vacation (great beach towels, cooler, parking passes, complimentary bikes, etc.) - The location of the West End is also great. Its walking distance from one of the nicest beaches on Sanibel Captiva. There are few people on the beach and plenty of birds and shells. Just perfect for a romantic vacation. It's also close to Captiva Island, which has some of the best restaurants iand good areas for kayaking and boat rides. The West End is also across from the Ding Darling reserve which is great for walking, biking, kayaking. The price was right, so frankly, I couldn't be more positive about the experience. I encourage anyone out there to try it. Good luck. Daniel

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 13, 2005

I found West-End Paradise on the Sanibel Chamber of Commerce website.
It is listed under Small Inn or Cottage. Sometimes a blind booking on the basis of an Internet site can be a bad surprise upon arrival. My initial misgivings were allayed by a short telephone conversation with Jennifer, one of the owners. She was extremely friendly and professional. When we arrived, we found that the reality of our accomodations (a two bedroom unit) exceeded the website photos. The rooms, and grounds, were extremely clean and well maintained. The rooms were nicely decorated, and everything needed for a relaxed stay was available (including complimentary laundry facilities and bicycles). The beautiful beach (which stretched for miles), was less than a block away. The neighborhood was exteremely quiet, which is an advantage of the mid-island location. A few hundred yards in the other direction was the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge, which (deservedly) has a national reputation as a place to observe the wildlife and habitats of Southweastern Florida. Jennifer and Darwin proved to be gracious and thoughtful hosts. The rates were very reasonable for the area. We had a wonderful vacation, and intend to return whenever we can.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 6, 2005

We just got back from a long weekend at the West-End Paradise. The inn is exactly as represented. Nice walk to a very private beach. The rooms are cute and very clean. The owners are helpful and friendly. Located in a quiet residential area and the price is right.

• Stayed: March 2005