“Good first meal”
Review of Sanibel Fish House

Sanibel Fish House
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Fish House Restaurants are known for their amazing seafood and 2-4-1 frozen Rumrunners. ALWAYS, a wonderful relaxing environment, great customer service, and the freshest seafood! Now what more could you ask for? Our menu offers the best in seafood, as well as great alternative choices! Our seafood dishes include: blackened tuna bites, hot blue crab and shrimp dip, oyster baskets, grouper tacos and lobster tacos - to name a few. The Fish House provides excellent heart healthy items too. You'll love our desserts, our homemade Key Lime Pie "melts-in-your-mouth"! Before you leave, you'll want to check out our store. Take a look at our souvenirs: coolie cups, hats and visors, tanks, t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, and our "one-of-a-kind" fish plate. They make awesome gifts.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We had our first meal of our visit here. Cute (a tad on the kitschy side) atmosphere. We sat in the bar as they were short on wait staff. Our meal was served promptly and in a friendly manner. Overall food was delicious and service prompt and friendly!

1  Thank JMango1

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Friendly bartender got our drinks in a flash. The shrimp were very good. At Happy Hour, the half pound of shrimp either hot or cold are $5.00, best deal on the island!
The atmosphere in the bar seems a bit tacky.
Outdoor seating would be a great addition.

1  Thank SanibelSirena
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have eaten dinner at this newish island restaurant twice in the past 10 days and have been happy both times. Service has been prompt and friendly, ambiance is casual (we were in main dining room, not the bar; we asked for "quiet" and were not disappointed), menu has wide range of choices, and we have been pleased with our selections. Lobster mac & cheese is rich and nicely seasoned; grouper reuben is a good variation, and the ahi tuna is prepared just right with seaweed salad (yes - very good!) & fresh rice cakes (not the dry puffed rice kind!). We visit Sanibel every year and have a few favorites; we'll return to the Fish House.

1  Thank tannec
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I met a friend at the bar for dinner after work. I work in the sun and was dying a thirst. I ordered a water and asked the bartender for a menu. She immediately had an attitude with me and I had the feeling it was because I did not order an alcohol drink right away. I had planned on it but after the way I got treated I decided not to spend my hard earned money there. I did however order sushi because the guy who makes it is separate from the restaurant. The bartender failed to provide me with silverware and a napkins. She also failed to refill our drinks. When it came time to pay she attempted several times to grab the checkbook back before we had even left the restaurant; completely unacceptable.

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We tried this restaurant after reading the reviews with expectations for a very good lunch. We should have thought something was wrong when we pulled in the parking lot and there were only 2 other cars, especially in high season. Anyway, I ordered the onion rings to start. Yuck, over cooked frozen rings. That shoud have been the hint to leave, but we decided to wait and see what grouper sandwich was like. Well 1 bite in I stopped. Need I say more. Sorry. We walked over to Schnapper's for a hot dog.

2  Thank Dfluke