Enjoyed a pleasant and restful stay at Sanibel Arms West a couple weeks ago. I would describe this as a good solid mid-range condo development. It's on the East end of Sanibel, not far from the causeway.
Things I liked about Sanibel Arms West:
1. Efficient management office staff (Steve & Kathy), who followed up promptly and professionally on inquiries, confirmation materials, etc.
2. The apartment (B-1) was as pictured on the SAW website, maybe better, and looked like it had been recently refurbished -- everything in good condition, recent appliances, etc. It had a bright, fresh look and less tropical kitsch than some of the apartments I looked at. Interestingly, the photos of this apartment on a couple of agency sites were different than those on SAW's own site -- not so attractive, so probably pre-redecoration.
3. The apartment was a very clean and quiet end unit, not beachfront, but just back from the beach, with a small gulf view from the front porch. In the back, outside the bedrooms, there was a fair amount of foliage that rustled nicely in the breeze.
4. I thought the apartment was good value, even though we missed off season by a week and paid the high season rate. It was still a lot less than the cost of 2 decent hotel rooms.
5. A couple days before we arrived I faxed a food order to Jerry's Foods -- --jerrysfoods-- -- and they stocked the apartment so everything was all set up when we arrived. They charge $25 for this, on top of the cost of the order, and I thought it was money well spent. It was great not to have to think about grocery shopping after a long day of flying and driving.
A couple of things I might do differently next time:
1. Emergency stuff. Some nasty unseasonal weather moved through on our last night, causing the lights to flicker and causing me to look for emergency supplies, like a flashlight and candles. Didn't find a flashlight, but did find two candles, although might have had trouble lighting them without matches. Condos like this don't have staff 24 hours a day. So I made a note to myself to make sure I carry a small flashlight and matches next time.
2. Construction. There was some construction-type work going on on the opposite side of the complex, near the road. Didn't bother us and quite possibly didn't bother anyone else, as the units that would have been affected may not even have been rented that week. Nonetheless, I made another note to myself to always always remember, when making reservations anywhere, to ask if there is or will be any work going on.
All in all, a good stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sanibel Arms West Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanibel Arms West Condominium Hotel Sanibel Island