“Comfortable, Clean, Quiet, Beautiful”

Sanibel Arms West Condominium
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at the Sanibel Arms West for the first time this past week. It was a pleasure. We had a lovely view of the beach and appreciated the peaceful beauty of the surroundings. I recommend this to others and am likely to return there myself. The only minor issue for us was that both the master bedroom and living room do not have a windows but rather sliding doors to the front and back porches. In order to have fresh air at night, you must leave the door(s) open, thus slightly compromising your security. I opted to use the air ventilation system at night instead and slept just fine but might have preferred to have the delicious fresh outdoor air.

Room Tip: I recommend asking of a room facing the beach.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Steven P

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this condo for thanksgiving weekend. Every unit in this community is 2 bedrooms 2 baths with a fully equipped kitchen. It is on the beach side of the road so you don't have to cross the street to get to the beach. Jerry's groceries is 2 miles away and Bailey's is 3 miles away. We had unit J5 and it was clean, spacious and comfortable. Everything was in working order in the unit. Their website has pictures of the inside of all units in the community. Smooth check in and out processes. This place is great!

Room Tip: If available, get a unit in building C D E or F facing the gulf. A corner unit is also better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StellaV
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Let me preface this by saying that I've been staying at Sanibel Arms West for eight nows - sometimes visiting twice a year but mostly it's a yearly event during the off season and I look forward to it. We get an ocean front unit and the view is just spectacular. The view still is just as sweet however the rest - not so much.

We lost 2 /12 days on our balcony because two guys setup a table saw, miter saw and a compressor right next to our balcony. There was even a couple of times when we had to wait until they'd "make their cut" before we could either exit or enter our unit. The frig kept shutting off because the breaker kept tripping. The beds were so uncomfortable I slept on top of the comforter hoping it would act as a mattress pad. The smoke alarms started going off one night and it took my husband a few hours to narrow it down to the one causing the problem. Next day they replaced the battery for the just the one. Couple of nights later - same thing happened all over again with another one of the smoke detecters. The only reason, I have not given a rating of poor is because of the views. I gave a value of poor for the value because lost sleep and lost balcony days.
My husband has already told me - he won't go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandra W
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We've been to Sanibel Arms West eight different times and each times we've stayed in F8. We have really enjoyed this second floor corner unit for several reasons. We have three small children and this fantastic, recently remodeled, ocean front condo allows us to still have excellent views of the ocean even when our little ones have us tied down for afternoon naps. The unit is always impeccibly clean and the electronics kept up to date. The washer and dryer in the unit are life-savers, allowing us to travel lighter, and the full kitchen enables us to eat meals in at night and during lunch which is more relaxing than going out to dinner when we don't know how our sun-tired kids will do sitting still in a restaurant setting. We spend the mornings digging in the sand and the late afternoons swimming in the wonderfully warm pool. Our kids love going back each year and I cherish the walks along the beach holding their hands.

Room Tip: Second floor, oceanview offers the best view of the ocean with the least amount of beach traffic.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank BJL32
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have stayed at Sanibel Arms West on 4 occasions over the last 3 years. We live only 8 miles away in Fort Myers but this provides us with a true getaway. Steve and Lindsay are very accomodating and really work hard to gain the loyalty that they deserve. It is wonderful to stay at a clean, well equiped gulf front property . The location is great and there is everything you need to be comfortable. We love it!

Room Tip: I love the second floor, gulf front
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SueBFortMyers
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and friends have been vacationing in Sanibel for over 20 years. We've stayed in just about every property on the island and Sanibel Arms West is by far the best vacation spot on the island. We just got back from a quick getaway and once again we were not disappointed. Located directly on the beach, be sure to get an ocean front condo, you will love the view. Condos are clean and well maintained with all the amenities. There are extra beach chairs available in case you forget yours but umbrellas or tents are not available so bring or buy your own. The one complaint I have is it is not pet friendly, wish they had pet friendly rentals for us pet lovers.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travel B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I had an amazing stay at Sanibel Arms West the week of July 23-28 2012. Our unit B2 was on the ground floor, was newly remodeled, light, bright, clean and fully stocked with everything we needed for our stay. Steve and the girls in the office went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and relaxing.
Although our unit was not gulf front there really is no need to be, nothing in this smaller resort is 'far' from the beach and the entire place is nicely landscaped and very clean. Each unit is 2bedrooms/2 baths and has 2 screen porches, one off the kitchen/dining area and the other off the master bedroom. There is a screened pool that is very nice, gas grills for guest use, beach chairs to take to the beach, bikes for rent and bike racks to park your bikes. Across Gulf Blvd is the main office, tennis courts and a boat dock on an inland canal.
My boyfriend and I brought our own bikes, parked our car the first day and rode our bikes everywhere on the island, the bike paths here are amazing!
The beaches are all amazing and we explored all of them. The lighthouse and that end of the island is a must see. Again, everything is easy to get to by bicycle!
We left Sanible Arms West feeling totally relaxed, rested and happy.
Great vacation-we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple