All reviews time share master bedroom the kitchen pool and hot tub beach chairs washer and dryer very nice stay bicycles units office island sanibel proximity groceries
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2015

I have vacationed at the Lighthouse since the mid-1990s, both as an owner and as a timeshare trade.. These are not rooms; these are condos. So I don't know why people call them rooms?? They are about 2100 sq. ft. in size which is why I love these units...3 bedrooms...plenty of room for a family. Yes, these units are older but what is wrong with that so long as everything works. There are 3 outdoor balconies; one enclosed off the kitchen for dining. Amenities are free bikes, rental movies are 25 cents. I'd go here in a heartbeat.

Room tip: Ask for a bay front.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Marie H
Reviewed December 5, 2014

I was very pleased with unit 207.it was very roomy, and extremely clean! Perfect location for shelling and also fishing. Bayside but seconds to the golf side. Bicycle paths are right there and comes with the unit as well as chairs, towels.it had all amenities you would possibly need.accomadates 6 people very comfortably. Mattresses were very comfortable.i would only recommend to update carpets. Pool and hot tub were nice. But would recommend for them to be opened later than dusk especially near winter months. Would stay there again. Very friendly as well

Room tip: 3rd floor bay side
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank 691janea
Reviewed October 30, 2014

Husband and I spent three perfect weeks at Lighthouse Point, We were joined by a son and grandchild for a week and there was more than enough space for everyone to have peace. The apartment was more than 'a home from home' and we felt privileged to have shared someone's private dwelling. The kitchen was superbly equipped which encouraged eating in having bought fresh produce from Bailey's - private supermarket at the northern end of Sanibel. Well stocked cupboards with foil, film, spices, herbs etc were a real unexpected bonus. The utility room was fantastic - American machines make the UK counterparts fit for a doll's house. Witnessed some incredible thunder and lightning storms but that is par for the course in August. The pool was never, ever busy - in fact it became to feel like our own wee private space as we used it at least once a day and usually had it to ourselves.

Lovely walk two minutes down to the spotless beach - the only interruption was comparing stories of shells and fish with others on the way back. We enjoyed meals out at the Marina just down the road and also Traders, neither being too expensive. Well worth doing the boat trip round the islands, if only to see some of the incredible private houses as well as to hear more about the amazing wildlife.

I would defy anyone to find fault with the place. We can't wait to go back! Warm thanks to Leslie and Ron.

Room tip: Would aim for a ground floor apartment as you can walk straight out to the beach
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank fi_falkland
Reviewed September 3, 2014

I was very pleased to see how large the unit we had was (#210,2nd floor of 3). There were 3 decks, one screened. Master bedroom w king bed, private bedroom with 2 twins and a pull out sofa in a den off of the dining room with an accordion door for privacy. They had everything there, beach chairs, bikes, books and movies to borrow, a well stocked kitchen with near new equipment, plenty of towels for bathroom and pool also. Plenty of closet space. The furniture was in great shape. The place is smoke free, though the previous group must have ignored that rule. Smelled a bit smoky, which they have these fan things to clear out the smell. It wasn't bad enough for me to have them do that. The king size bed in the master bedroom was comfy, but the blankets were a bit rough, they were the thin cotton kind. Could have done with some fabric softener. The pool and hot tub were nice and clean and they provided pool noodles to float around on since it's a small round pool, no lap swimming here. They also have 3 nice gas grills for use in the pool area. 4 tennis courts, looked nice but I don't play. There is an elevator for those who can't do stairs to get to the upper floors. They have luggage carts and shopping carts to assist with unloading your car to move in. Sorry this is so choppy, I'm writing as I recall. there is access to the gulf but it isn't a maintained beach. There is one nearby though. The office hours close at 5pm which threw me a bit. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank lisa k
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

We own a week in September. Have had the place for over ten years. We are on second floor facing bay. What a great unit. Very big. The only thing we don't like is the master bed room king bed. The two other rooms have two twins in each room. The unit needs to have at least a queen in one of bed rooms. Great place we love the island. Many great restaurants.

Date of stay: September 2014