Island Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)
Beachview Cottages(Sanibel Island)
Great 4.5/5
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
Great 4.5/5
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
Mitchell's Sandcastles(Sanibel Island)
Good 3.5/5
1,402 results
All reviewskimball lodgetraditions restaurantcontinental breakfastkitchen suitespoonbill cottageyogurthard boiled eggsmarine biologistscreened in porchold floridasecond floorfull kitchenbeach walkno see umsonsite restaurantgulf viewlow key
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2013

While the rooms are adorable with a nautical/country charm; we found it high priced for the value for the following reasons:
The published continental breakfast was short on items such as hot milk, cocoa or cereal.
You pay for beach umbrellas but nobody sets them up for you and they are on first come first save basis.
While other hotels offer free bikes, you have to pay to rent a bike here
What surprised me the most is that there was no warning provided to guests about something called sand fleas. We had family visiting from Italy which got more than 100 bites of this infestous flea.
To top it off, the sea was very dirty and murky.
All in all, it was a little disappointing. May stay someplace else the next time.

Room Tip: The Mathews Lodge is suggested.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Inmyspirit
Fishingflats, Manager at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Island Inn and for taking the time to share your feedback. Please allow me to address some of the items you’ve mentioned in an effort to better educate prospective guests.

The Complimentary light Continental breakfast, which no other hotel on Sanibel offers, has its menu listed on every page on our website, along with numerous manager responses on this site. This Complimentary amenity consists of fresh baked pastries, fresh cut fruit, hardboiled eggs, yogurt selection, coffee, tea and fresh squeezed juices.

Concerning the mentioned sand fleas, or no see ums, these pests tend to bother some folks more than others and are prevalent throughout the island, not just our property. We are the only hotel that I am aware of currently addressing this issue, as we fog spray our property each evening. We also offer repellant for purchase at our front desk.

To address your mention of murky water, the release of freshwater from Lake Okeechobee contains tannins from plants and other organic material and this is what is causing the discoloration of our water. The water is safe to swim in and our waters will return to their normal green/blue once the releases stop. We expect that they will stop shortly, however they are dependent on the level of rainfall in the Okeechobee basin, which was at record highs in July and early August.

Again, I’m glad you enjoyed our accommodations and took the time to share your experience. I hope your travels home to Miramar were safe and you are able to return to Sanibel Island again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Could only stay one night as we were traveling from PA to North Captiva Island, and to our surprise what a beautiful little resort, Service was excellent as they were able to accommodate us immediately for 5 people. Food & service was excellent at their restaurant. Great view of ocean from our room, Rooms were comfortable and extremely clean. Best overnight stay after a long drive from PA. Love this place, will definitely return in future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sp0rtzm0m2

Thank you for choosing the Island Inn for your stopover stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed the accommodations, amenities and guest services and that you will return in the future. I hope you enjoyed your time on North Captiva and you are able to visit us again soon! :-)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at a Gulf View room in the Kimball Lodge but only stayed one night as we were travelling. Room was spacious with fab air conditioning. Location is brilliant and mere steps away from the beach. Restaurant service was excellent and food was very good although I'm against automatics gratuities being added to the bill for a couple. On balance we really enjoyed out stay and will again when we have more time.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank John B
Fishingflats, Manager at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Island Inn while passing through Sanibel Island. I’m so glad you enjoyed your time at the Inn and we will look forward to your extended return! :-)

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

By far the best rooms on the island! I love this place ! We have had the privilege to speak with several of the unit owners and by far I would say this is the best place I have stayed on the island ! The rooms are spacious, baths are large, and the beach is steps away!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank 1busyman
Fishingflats, Manager at Island Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Island Inn and I’m so glad our accommodations and beachfront location fit your needs and expectations. I hope you can return to Sanibel Island and the Island Inn again soon! :-)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The hotel was completely booked, but I couldn't tell. It felt like we were the only people there -- amazing when you're on vacation! The room was cozy, comfy, and had everything we needed. A full sized fridge and coffee pot were big pluses, and the bed/bedding we're just right. There's nothing worse than going on vacation and ending up in a terrible, uncomfortable bed with too-heavy sheets (seriously, who like to sweat when they sleep?). Not to Metin that housekeeping was very attentive. Even though we hung a sign on our door, they called to ask if we needed anything. Hospitality at its finest.

Better yet, the hotel was so close to beach and our porch had a beautiful Gulf view and was screened in, not that it needed to be, even in the middle of July there were no bugs! Exactly what I want on vacation.... Just like the scampi in Tradions, the on site restaurant. Seriously, try the scampi. My boyfriend ate off my plate before he tried the lobster ravioli (which was also delicious).

A week later, I'm still dreaming about the Island Inn. Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katie M

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Island Inn and for taking the time to share your experience. The staff at the Inn is so happy to have hosted your stay and we hope that you will be able to visit for many years to come.

I hope the remainder of your summer in NE is terrific and you are able to visit Sanibel Island and the Island Inn again soon! :-)