“Something4every1”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Periwinkle
Description: Warm and Inviting dining areas with a separate bar/lounge. Piano music Tuesday through Sunday from 7:00pm evenings. Daily Happy Hour from 4:30-6:00pm in the Lounge.
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I have been a vegetarian for over 40 years, my husband of 25 years is not. Therefore our motto is "Something for Everyone" when we go out to eat. This was one of the very best vegetarian meals I have ever had! The chef has a nightly "Vegetarian Inspiration". I was very doubtful, but was blown away by the diversity and flavors. Wonderful atmosphere - beautiful restaurant, good service. My husband had an equally wonderful meal. This is my first Trip Advisor review and the reason was the incredible meal at Il Cielo. This is our first time visiting Sanibel so every restaurant is an experiment. I never expected to have such a gourmet meal. Thanks to the staff and chef! If you are a vegetarian - or vegan - please visit you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

A treat! The Prix Fixe dinner, $38, which comes with two glasses of wine, is a tasty deal The wide ranging selections for appetizer, soup or salad, entrée, have been yummy and beautifully presented. My meatball appetizer was surprisingly good. Save room for dessert as they have a delightful pastry chef who doesn't disappoint.
This is the third time I have eaten here with friends this winter and each time have enjoyed sitting outside on the porch. The attentive waitstaff have done great job of making each visit special.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I felt like eating at my club at home: formal setting with dark wood furniture and white linen, and typical fine club dinning menu (mussels, clams and seared tuna appetizers, and veal, lamb, steak and fish for the main course). Only one fish dish; and my grouper was so so, tasted as it did not just come off the water. I was disappointed because I was expecting several fresh Florida seafood varieties to choose from. We did try their key lime pie and it was so so also. There was nothing there to write home about!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I spent the valentines day weekend in sanibel and this was the first resturant of a couple that she booked us into. The atmosphere was decent, not as cozy as the mad hatter. Service was a little disappointing but not bad. The food was mixed, My wife had the fish and it was very good. I had a veal dish that honesty my local deli could have done better in NY. But what was I expecting, should have had the fish.

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

When you start with a side salad that is so fresh and a beautiful mix of greens, you know that the rest will be special. There were 5 in our party and we all were pleased and some excited by their meal. The seafood was fresh and inviting. We visited sanibel for the weekend eating out every meal. This was everyone's favorite

1  Thank Susan B