“Top 3-5 on Sanibel-Captiva”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Periwinkle
Description: Warm and Inviting dining areas with a separate bar/lounge. Piano music Tuesday through Sunday from 7:00pm evenings. Daily Happy Hour from 4:30-6:00pm in the Lounge.
Middletown, New York
“Top 3-5 on Sanibel-Captiva”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The new owners/chefs are fabulous with a wait staff that is extremely courteous and accommodating. The food was excellent, although not inexpensive. You will though, get what you pay for, similar to the Mad Hatter. Great wine list too.
Clearly one of the top 3-5 restaurants on Sanibel and Captiva.

• Visited August 2013

Sanibel Island, Florida
“A Winner!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This restaurant was re-born in 2013 with new ownership, new on-site staff, and, most important, new culinary artistry.
Chef Neil, very talented and personable, has brought upscale dining to new heights.
A special collection of Happy Hour treats at the complete bar, is a great experience in and of itself.
The full dining room menu is wonderfully varied and I have not heard of a full course meal that was not truly enjoyed by a diner.
Anyone remembering the old establishment should forget that. The new and improved Il Cielo is truly worth the experience!
I am in no way associated with this restaurant and this review is totally unsolicited.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Merrill M
“A Must Dine in Sanibel”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

From the moment we walked into the beautiful building until the desert was served, this was one of the finest meals we have ever experienced. Service was impeccable, thank you Anthony. The chef was masterful and creative, thank you Neil. Overall this was an amazing meal at reasonable prices in a casual, yet elegant environment. The pastry chef Ann Marie is genius! We look forward to many return visits. Jim and Tracy D'Amato

• Visited July 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I were looking to try someplace new in the Fort Myers area. We saw an ad for Il Cielo/ Cloud Nine on Sanibel Island offering a 3 course Prix Fixe Menu for $35.00 per person. This included some great menu options and a bottle of House Wine for one great price.We were pleasantly surprised from the moment we entered the restaurant.
The bartender Brian, was amazing! He was very accommodating down to the self stuffed Blue Cheese Olives that he served with our Martinis.
We tried the Flatbread pizza appetizer and were very pleased with how tasty.
When we were seated at our table, our server Anthony picked it up from there. The service was both friendly and informative.The meal was absolutely delicious! We both selected the New York Strip with the Chimchurri sauce. It was out of this world good. Chef Neil made a point to visit each table and you were made to feel quite at home and welcomed for the entire evening.
We plan to revisit Il Cielo and take some friends along next time. The restaurant was beautiful and had a welcoming casual atmosphere. Don't miss an opportunity to give this place a try especially with the extra special 3 course Prix Fixe Menu currently being offered. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Beth J
Madison, Wisconsin
“Our new favorite on Sanibel”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We visited Il Cielo in February, and returned tonight. Just as the first time, the meal was superb from beginning to end. My caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes was lovely as was my husband's Caesar salad with anchovies in the dressing. My lamb chops were done perfectly, and I ignored the mashed potatoes so that I could eat them all! My husband could not stop raving about the veal scaloppine special. The Milanese sauce was enhanced by shiitake mushrooms & wine, and he was almost tempted him to lick the plate! For dessert, he once again had the chocolate espresso bombe, which he loved. I got a taste, and admit it was exceptional. I had the key lime pie, which was more like a tart, with a graham cracker crust. I could have done without the meringue, but for those who enjoy meringues, it was nicely done. The raspberry coulis was just the right touch of sweetness. I'm hoping the outstanding lemon tart is back on the menu when we return, which will be whenever we're on Sanibel. Our waiter Anthony was knowledgeable, helpful and fun. We enjoyed talking with the chef whose enthusiasm for developing recipes, cooking and making his guests experience something special was obvious. While expensive, it was worth every cent. If you're on Sanibel and want an outstanding meal in a relaxed, comfortable environment, Il Cielo is the place to go.

• Visited June 2013