“Amazing staff, food and atmosphere!”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Periwinkle
Description: Warm and Inviting dining areas with a separate bar/lounge. Piano music Tuesday through Sunday from 7:00pm evenings. Daily Happy Hour from 4:30-6:00pm in the Lounge.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We enjoyed every minute we spent at IL Cielo. From the instant we were seated at our cozy table and greeted by our server, we knew we had made the right choice for our Valentine celebration. We were made to feel like we were visiting old friends. Each course was delicious and we were given some wonderful options. The wine steward was well informed and gave us fabulous choices. The entrees were expertly prepared just the way we like. I cannot wait to return to this amazing restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Il Cielo

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We returned to sanibel for the remainder of the winter and went to our new favorite restaurant only to be impressed once again. Wow. The carpaccio melted in my mouth like butter and the clams were delicious, my wife had the yellowtail snapper, loved it,and by the way,best winelist on the island without a doubt. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves fresh fish and good wine and beautiful atmosphere. I can't believe somebody actually compared the Mad Hatter to the this resturant, no comparison il cielo is number one

Reviewed February 12, 2013

This place is really very impressive, the ambience is great and the service is exceptional. Our server this evening (Arthur) was very engaging and very helpful. Our only issues were with one of the starters, both specials - a starter of white asparagus salad and a main course of flounder. The amount of white asparagus in the starter was negligible (to the extent that I'm not even sure why it was mentioned in the description of the dish) and the flounder dish was at best luke warm. We mentioned the temperature of the main course and it was taken away to "be sorted" but when it came back it was not much better. To be fair the restaurant did deduct the cost of this course from the bill without any prompting on our part. The carpaccio as a starter and the New York Strip steak were both excellent and I would recommend them. Prices are reasonable considering the setting, wine selection is superb and if you're into desserts the creme brûlée is excellent. Overall a good evening and despite the issues still well worth a visit if your on Sanibel Island.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had no idea it was going to be THIS GREAT! I am a vegan, and called ahead to see if there was a vegan option besides the typical pasta offerings. The Hostess said she informed the Chef of my request. We arrived and my husband ordered but, I did not. The waitress said the Chef would create something for me. Out comes the most artistic creation of veg I have ever seen, along with the Chef to describe what he had done...Holy cow I did not want the meal to end!! It was so full of flavors and textures. We went back again the following week and it was above and beyond again! I wish it was closer to home...I look so forward to next years visit! :)

1  Thank feather2001
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After a dinner at the Mad Hatter, this was a disappointment. The decor is more formal, resembling a 1920s NYC restaurant. Neither my my meal nor my wife's meet our expectations or the price. My wife again had groupon (as at the Mad Hatter), but it was quite disappointing. I had the fish special: a local lightly breaded and fried fish over three lobster raviolis. The latter was excellent, but the former was only OK and the combination seemed quite strange. We shared a lemon tart with rashberry sauce. The crust on the tart was no better than a mediocre bakery. We didn't eat it. Our waiter wasn't busy and hovered too much. My wife was ready to rate the experience a "2".

1  Thank 51862Dvh