“First class in all respects”
Review of Il Cielo

Il Cielo
Reserve with OpenTable
Il Cielo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Periwinkle
Description: Warm and Inviting dining areas with a separate bar/lounge. Piano music Tuesday through Sunday from 7:00pm evenings. Daily Happy Hour from 4:30-6:00pm in the Lounge.
Sanibel Island, Florida
“First class in all respects”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I am a Sanibel year-round resident have sampled almost every restaurant on the island. But I had been deterred from dining at Il Cielo becuase of reports of high prices and spotty service. My experience last night dispelled all of that. The food was excellent as was the service. The prices are in line with Sanibel Steakhouse (another of my favorites) and less than the Mad Hatter.

Our visit was a celebration of my wife's bithday. I had the veal scollopini and an appetizer of calimari, which I shared. My wife had linguine ai frutti di mare. Both were tasty and well prepared with excellent presentation. For desert my wife had creme brullee which I sampled. The ambiance of the restaurant is outstanding. And the bill (prior to tip) was under $100, which included a glass of wine for each or us.

Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank CorkyfromSanibel
Marco C, Executive Chef at Il Cielo, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
Thank You so much for your review. We are glad that you came in to give us a chance regardless of what you've heard "on the grapevine"! I am also glad to have surpassed your expectations and been able to make your wife's birthday that much more memorable this year. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Our favorite!”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband is Italian by heritage, so we are very picky about Italian restaurants. Well, Il Cielo doesn't disappoint in the least! The decor is beautiful but understated (dark wood, beautiful moldings, gorgeous window treatments). The service and food quality are really what make this restaurant a standout. Every person we encountered was warm, welcoming, and made us feel appreciated and fussed over (exactly what I'd expect at a restaurant of this caliber). We brought our own bottle of wine because it had sentimental value (it was the red we served at our wedding last week) and for a corkage fee we were able to enjoy it with our meal. When the staff found out we were on our honeymoon, they were so excited and even the servers that were waiting other tables came by to congratulate us on our marriage. Now, as for the food... a gastronomical paradise! My husband got the special, a seafood ravioli, and I had the agnolotti di prosciutto (prosciutto and escarole stuffed pasta), and both were absolutely amazing. We each tried a bite of the others' and couldn't decide which we liked better! For dessert I had the strawberry and vanilla gelato, and my husband had the pistachio creme brûlée, and that was outstanding as well. Overall, I'd highly recommend this restaurant for any romantic meal or special occasion. It's a great excuse to break out the fancy clothes and have an unforgettable meal!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank HamCD
Michigan
“Wow - exquisite!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

If you want a first class meal, come here. Appropriate clothing is probably recommended (collared shirts for men, dresses/similar for ladies). The decoration inside is incredible - lots of dark-stained wood with a attractive-looking bar area. The staff were all very professional. The food tasted very good. The desserts are good. You will spend quite a bit for this (we spent $125 for two with wine), but if you want a high class experience while you are on Sanibel, this is the place.

There were outdoor tables set up as well when we left...those looked very inviting and romantic.

• Visited April 2012
USA
“Very Much Improved”
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

This new restaurant is very much improved over its predecessors and, while expensive, is good value, all considered ... Recommended

1 Thank jhanlonsanibel
USA
“Il Cielo”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a lovely restaurant - great food and service. We had our best meal in Sanibel here.

• Visited April 2012