“Great Time!”

Tarpoons Private Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing charters for Sanibel Island with Captain Greg Hood. Fishing the back bays of Sanibel Island and Captiva island for Tarpon, Sharks, Redfish, Trout and more.
“Great Time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Captain Greg gave us a fun trip! He was very knowledgeable and and enthusiastic and we highly recommend him! We will book another fishing trip soon when we visit sanibel again.

Visited June 2013

Portland, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Great time with Captain Greg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Two buddies and I had a great time fishing with Captain Greg. He picked us up on-time at a marina on Captiva and took us directly to a spot to the north that we never would have found on our own. Within minutes we were all catching fish.

He's friendly, knowledgeable and a good sport (he didn't even yell at us when we went nuts and 'gave away our spot' after hooking a big redfish). Our half day with Captain Greg was the highlight of our week on Sanibel.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank MaineMike1
Newark, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Fishing Experience! Knowledgeable and Friendly Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband, myself and a family member had a fabulous time fishing with Capt Greg Hood of Tarpoons this past weekend on our trip to Captiva Island! Let me begin by saying how impressed we were with his communication with us in planning the trip; making sure that the time of day would be most beneficial for our fishing success! Originally we were going to go on Friday afternoon- but as he watched the fishing report and noted personally that morning would be best; he called to see if we could change our time so that we could have the most successful day possible. Capt Greg was accommodating in that he met us right at the marina within the resort we were staying so that we did not have to travel off island ( what a plus)! Door to door service! The weather was beautiful- and we caught many ladyfish which we had never seen ( but not desireable for eating). So several time Capt Greg would reposition our boat to the area that he found for catching Pompano! At first we caught a few small ones and had to release; then we hit them right! Caught lots of Pompano and beautiful Spanish Mackerel! Had about 7 Pompano keepers and about the same number of really nice sized Mackerel. Capt Greg was great with instruction on methods for catching each type of fish- his assistance, patience and hard work really was exceptional! Capt Greg was just as excited as we were in catching these fish! It is evident that he loves fishing and loves to share his knowledge, expertise and passion with others! As we returned to our dock- Capt Greg talked with us on how we might cook our fish, gave us some ideas on preparation and asked if we would like them filleted or whole- his fillet skills were excellent and we had two night of absolutely delicious dinners from our catch!
SO, it was a great fishing experience and my husband is already planning his next fishing trip for the fall to go for Grouper with Capt Greg Hood! Thank you Capt Greg- it was a happy happy day!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Marie L
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Either good or bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

My family scheduled a half day of fishing with Capt Hood. But 2 hours prior he called and reported that due to a recent cold swing the fish were not biting and that a fog was rolling in that apparently he felt would last the afternoon. So he wanted to alert us that we had a low probability of catching fish. Based on his recommendations we cancelled. So appreciated his honesty but regretted the missed adventure. We will try again in 2014

2 Thank GregL736
Greg H, Owner at Tarpoons Private Charters, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Greg,
I hope to see you in 2014 with better fishing conditions.
The water temperature for your day was very cold and foggy too. Although later the fog lifted.
I believe honesty is the best policy! It was a good day for boating, but not for fishing.
We also had a poor tide that day. I chose to tell you the truth before you spent your money and make the decision together. I do this with all my clients. When booking any fishing adventure I think it's a good idea to be flexible to the weather. One day may be better than another. I move clients around for the best possible fishing adventures. I want to make sure your catching fish and having fun. Hope to see you next year contact me anytime. Regards,
Captain Greg Hood
The Villages, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Sanibel Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I returned to Sanibel for more great fishing. Captain Greg Hood showed me another great day on the water. Got the limit on grouper the last day of season. If you never fished grouper in the pass your missing a thrill like no other.

Visited October 2012