We have just returned from a week in unit E-36 at Pointe Santo de Sanibel, on Sanibel Island. We had not been to Sanibel before but had heard wonderful things about how laid back the island is and without the hassle associated with other far off islands that are hard to get to as Sanibel it is just 45 minutes from the Fort Myers Airport.
What we were not expecting was the ideal location of the unit we stayed in and how well appointed the condo was for our group of 4. The decor is tasteful and very comfortable with nice linens ( I am a sheet snob and hoped we would not be met with rough and scratchy sheets and we were not.) The patio is private with your own unrestricted view of the beautiful gulf right outside your window. The master bedroom and 2nd bedroom ( each with their own bathroom) are separated enough so the privacy of a nap or sleeping in late could easily be accomplished without disturbing the other guests in the unit.
We rented chairs at Billy's as many had suggested but found the owners had chairs waiting on the deck along with a closet full of water toys/beach umbrella which we added a few to the collection as we left. If you are lucky enough to rent this unit, do not make the same mistake we did and buy a wine opener or other kitchen items as you will find it is well stocked down to darling white coffee mugs with seashells on them to enjoy your morning coffee as you watch the beautiful waves roll against the beach. We were right off the elevator for hauling groceries and other items but also had a stairway for running up and down quickly as we made our way to the beach.
We did elect to use the cleaning service daily ( you need to make this arrangement ahead of time with the cleaning service directly) just to keep things as nice each day as when we arrived and this additional amount was a bargain. Other surprises included the fact that each unit has a reserved parking space and the one for E36 was the second space in from the entrance so it was very convenient. We received a suggestion from the owner recommending we should stop in Fort Myers for groceries on our way in and this was an excellent idea as it was more reasonable than the higher prices on the island. There are two Publix grocery stores on the way and we stocked up and didn't need to make one run to the island store the week we were there (suggested items in addition to food- T.P.Mr. Coffee filters, extra paper towels, napkins, HE laundry detergent- we were spoiled with the washer and dryer and it allowed us to have fresh beach towels every day) .
You can tell the owners have taken great pride in their condo as you will see a darling sign in the kitchen to their guests that reads-'may you always have a shell in your pocket and sand in your shoes'. Overall- we will return and rent from the owners- Anne and Al and encourage you to do the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pointe Santo de Sanibel is an upscale condominium resort located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. Our family resort features a gulfside pool and whirlpool, a clubhouse, 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, beach volleyball and a supervised children's program. The grounds feature extensive tropical landscaping along a romantic lagoon crisscrossed by quaint bridges and walkways, Tiki huts and BBQ grills. All individually owned units feature a screenedmlanai with a Gulf view, full kitchens, individually controlled AC, cable & Wi-Fi. Pointe Santo is close to the bike path, "Ding" Darling wildlife refuge, theater, restaurants, and golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Pointe Santo de Sanibel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Hotel Sanibel Island
- Pointe Santo De Sanibel Island
- Point Santo Sanibel Island